Author Topic: Spud - something strange  (Read 4331 times)

gilgamesh

• Half Acre
Re:Spud - something strange
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2004, 10:14:14 »
You speak for yourself. I'm entirely normal - I've just asked my imaginary friends, and they all say so! I do compost potato haulms - I'm always short of green materials, but they are composted by being added to the lower levels of the dustbins that next years cucurbits will be grown in, along with a couple of bags of rabbit/hen bedding & muck, then topped off with this year's tomato compost. There's not much space in our "home" garden, so I don't actually grow spuds there, few people around us grow anything more than lawns, shrubs, barbies and "features" - even two doors away who have apple trees just let the fruit fall off & rot (annoying when our bunnies would adore nibbling them).
Sumer is a coming in....

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 21:16:43 »
You could be soo very right, Phil  ;D

Another thought, I am sure up north these wee seed containers used to be called "love apples", I wonder whey when they are so toxic?
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 08:40:42 »
Could be analogous to the "Glasgow Kiss" which conveys something softer and cuddlier than it is!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal