Author Topic: Broody Brahma??  (Read 1472 times)

DadnDom

• Half Acre
Broody Brahma??
« on: July 21, 2007, 20:03:40 »
I think my brahma may be broody. I went to let her out this morning and she was all huddles up next to the nest box (which is where she usually lays her eggs) so thought nothing of it and left her there as she usually comes out when shes ready. Anyway I had to lock them all in today as I was going to be out for the day. I've just got back and let them out for a bit before bed and she's still sat there!?! Should I lift her up and see if she's laid an egg and is feeling broody or leave her? I went and gave her a little fuss just to check she was still breathing more than anything and she just sat there :(
Could she be broody or could there be something wrong with her?

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Re: Broody Brahma??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 10:12:27 »
when they go broody they sit flat - which is different to egg laying sitting... her feathers will be ruffled and fluffy and she wont want to budge.

If you dont want her to be broody chuck her off, I doubt she is ill, if she wants to lay she will go back and lay later so chuck her off anyway LOL

DadnDom

• Half Acre
Re: Broody Brahma??
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 13:22:45 »
She was sat very flat with he head tucked down. She stayed in for 3 full days before I got so worried about her hardly eating I threw her out and shut the door. I felt guilty doing it but was worried about her not eating.

I think she's finally over it now. The last 2 days she's come out with the others when I let them out in the morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal