Author Topic: Skint  (Read 1037 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Skint
« on: July 21, 2007, 18:31:55 »
Well it all started with me being generous to my son when I gave him our 3 piece suite.

new sofas   £1,300,  then she wanted new cushions to put on it, £100, the cushions do not go with the curtains she says. another £120, nets look tatty now, £45, the curtains clash with the wallpaper £185, might as well paint the woodwork while you are at it,£45. While I am busy decorating, I lose a weeks work £800 and she is out buying some new house plants to 'cheer' the place up, £50 plus another £35 for some pot holders that match the decor. Then some new pictures to further enhance the new look.

Where are you going? I hear as I come in. I'm going to sit down I reply. OH NO YOU DON'T, you are not sitting in that room with those dirty clothes on and change your shoes before you go in, Ive just bought a new rug, £90. Good job I had the forsight to invest in wi fi as it works in the shed where I have been banished  until I treat her new room with respect.

Still it ain't too bad in here, I could fix up some optics on the wall and the old fridge is full of beer plus the added bonus of no dirty looks when I light up my ciggies. No dog for company though, you can guess where he is.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Skint
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 18:39:28 »
Misplaced Generosity...
 :-X

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 18:49:56 »
Misplaced sofa!

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 22:24:41 »
So sorry, Ace, but can't stop giggling!!! Could you not use the old nets and curtains in the shed to make it feel more like home!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 22:41:06 »
Ava would think your wife and I were seperated at birth! :-\

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 08:54:27 »
Ace - DID YOU FAIL TO REALISE AT THE ALTER YOU WERE MARRYING A WOMAN????? LMAO

I still say you are married to a clone of my mother! hehehe. My dad has been banished from 'drinking' on the sofa, he has to sit on the floor since he fell asleep with a glass of red wine in his hand!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:00:52 by OliveOil »

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 11:45:52 »
I know how you feel ACE...... water dripping in the hall when OH had a shower....oops, best replace the mastic round the bath..........£500 (and 2 weeks work) later, newly rebuilt and decorated bathroom!!!!!!!
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 14:28:03 »
All women must be clones of one basic type( i dont mean eve) that was developed to give us the lifestyle they want. ;D 8)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 15:14:46 »
bit of a role reversal in our household!
I do the DIY stuff while OH watches and helpfully tells me when I'm doing it wrong.
and I'm the one who traipses mud into the house and dribbles food onto the sofa, his pride and joy!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 15:42:13 »
Ace, I am sure you think you have a justified grumble in here somewhere but I can't seem to find it despite many reads.

I do think it is so important to  recognise the  peculiar complaints men find about their wives behaviour but as far as I can see 'she' did more or less exactly  what I would have done.

However, I would suggest that you enjoy your shed, and perhaps take the dog who is sitting on the new settee in with you for as long as you can because if 'she' was me I would be starting on that next!!!!

XX   XXX     XXXX Jeannine!!!!

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal