Author Topic: Yay I have another interview  (Read 4085 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Re: Yay I have another interview
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 13:39:33 »
Phewwwwwwwww I'm still at Mum's... Actual interview lasted an hour so that was pretty good.

The test OMG it was a mix of the psycho in tray test and the shelf sorting...

q1. What would you do first...
The phone is ringing.
Someone is waiting at the issue desk
Someone has a problem with the photocopier
Someone has rushed over as her friend has fainted elsewhere in the library

I put d, a, b, c - My mum said that too so i must be right LOL

q2. As you will be working weekends and wont meet other library stall, compile an email to send to a colleague to introduce yourself.

q3 - order the books using BLISS system - not used it before but taht was a cinch!

Interview went well, they were impressed and wondered why i was interested in their post... i answered questions pretty well i feel, just hope its not a case of too over qualified... we'll see.

Friday at the latest they said.  Ireally want the job but am going to forget about it now, no point torturing myself. Thanks for all your support guys - really need it *(and the job LOL)

Smudge is coming today - just trying to work out the logistics of it all

xxx

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 13:49:49 »
Yay - well done you. I knew you'd cinch the skills test.
Although I don't work in library I have done customer service stuff and I reckon that your ordering of tasks was right enough. I would have found the introductory e-mail the hardest task I think!!!
They should think they are lucky to get you. Your reasons for wanting the job are good so hopefully they'll realise how lucky they are to have your interest and snap you up!!! Fingers crossed for Friday.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 14:32:37 »
I'd do d then a and hope that by the time I'd dealt with those two the phone would have stopped ringing and the photocopier would have got fixed. ;D ;D ;D But Iwouldn't have said that in an interview! :P

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 14:45:08 »
grawc - funnily enough when i was deciding what to do after the fainting girl, i was thinking in reality the phone would have stopped ringing by now and they can call back later anyway LOL... then i started thinking about funny emails and the responses they give on those... then it left me with little time to do question 2 as i did 3 first.  In question 2 I put.

Dear Colleague

I am writing to introduce myself - the new weekend Lib Assistant, I am really looking forward to making a contribution to the team and although our paths will cross very little, if there is anything i can do over the weekend to make the week run smoothly do let me know.

I look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Kind regards bla bla.

My first para was actually 3 sentences but thats roughly what i said.

Just hope they want me!!!! ooo i hate waiting.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 14:49:49 »
Well you know we're all rooting for you you mad multi animal household girl!! Don't know why I'm saying that actually: I remember a time when I had 3 kids, 2 dogs, a cat, a rabbit, a guinea pig, tropical fish, a hamster, a useless unemployed husband (before Peter's time) and a full- time job 45 minutes' drive away. Phew! Glad those days are past.

Anyway Friday will soon be here. You've done what you can so now just enjoy the puppy.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2007, 00:50:18 »
I will update my Wednesday on thursday - right now i am drunk and quite rightly so.... all will be revealed tomorrow!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 00:53:11 »
I've had a few glasses of wine too (on holiday, my excuse), are you celebrating something OO?? ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Re: Yay I have another interview & puppy combined post OO's Day!
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 10:22:09 »
Jeez i have a stinking hang over!

ANyway let me tell you about yesterday...

We arranged to pick up the puppy at 4pm, they agreed to meet us half way which meant going to Blyth travel lodge.

We took my car - only had it 3-4 weeks remember!!!

3 miles from our destination my steering went - car just coasting all over the A1 so i took my foot off and went down gears to 30mph, went to accelerate again and the car just went all over!

Pulled over into a layby and called mums breakdown, the people with the puppy met us inthe layby, recovery arrived and told us we were only covered to move the vehicle 10miles and it would cost £105 to get it back to lincoln at mums.

All in all we were in that  layby 3 hours poor puppy wanted to run around, people were great and waited with us all that time.

While i was in the layby got a phone call... it was the Library Manager saying

"I just wanted to call you personally, you did a really good interview and you have all the skills we are looking for, unfortunately the job has been offered to someone who used to work here so knows our systems etc.  But if there was another post in the next 6 months would you be prepared to accept that, it won't be the same job but will be something similar'

So although i didnt get the job, at least i didnt get the usual dear john letter, and it sounds as though there might be another job coming up - or im just hopeful there is.

My car is still at lincoln, i've borrowed mums car for now, luckily it came with 3 month warranty - recover think the steering rack is at fault... guy who sold me the car is in cyprus so his employee is going to call and see if i can get it fixed in Lincoln and they pay the bill.

What a bloody day - it could only happen to me! ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 10:50:00 »
eak, i hope you called the puppy lucky :)

If you had lost the steering wheel when in a more dangerous situation that could have been bad, bad, bad!!

Sorry to hear about the job, but my mum always said. " If its for you it will not pass you ".

Cyberhug!

Cambourne7

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Yay I have another interview & puppy combined post OO's Day!
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 11:36:02 »
Jeez i have a stinking hang over!

Anyway let me tell you about yesterday...

Am also a little 'delicate'...... ::)

Sounds like you did really well at the interview, maybe they know there will be a similar position coming up in six months, so that will save them interviewing again!

As for the puppy fiasco......well there you go, must have just about polished you off!! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 11:44:37 »
I think the beer has polished me off Deb... Oh god my head.

Just waiting for the pain killers to kick in then i'll be ok. LOL

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 11:45:57 »
Two paracetamol and a pint of water at 7am, cup of tea is now working its magic....... ;)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 11:55:01 »
Not surprised you got guttered! Mind you it could have been a whole lot worse.. you've survived a really scarey day and you know that you've got a good chance of getting a job somewhere else in the not too distant future. And the puppy .. which looks pure dead gorgeous by the way!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2007, 16:07:50 »
Crikey OO. I reckon you are due for at least a whole year trouble free from now on!! Hope car gets sorted by the guy who sold it to you.
Lorna

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2007, 20:29:40 »
What a day OO, bet you are glad it's over - I'm sure the new pup will take your mind off it all.  Pics pretty please.  :)  And well done for doing so well at the interview I'm sure they will come up with something maybe sooner than you think.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2007, 21:07:46 »
Well b*gger me! I've missed all this excitement 'cos I've only been popping in briefly for a few weeks. Happen to agree with Cam's Mum OO.
There is something better waiting for you gal. ;) Hope all turns out ok with the car, and thank goodness for Mothers!!
Smile, it confuses people.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2007, 23:11:57 »
Mary there are pics on the pets corner 'my daughters new puppy' or something like that.

I've just got in after a Phoenix Traders meeting -am shattered... up at 5.30am in the morning to do Woody's market stall in stamford - i must be mad!

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2007, 10:03:05 »
I found the pics thanks OO - he is lovely.  Good luck with the market stall - let us know how it goes.  What a busy lady  :) :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal