Author Topic: brambles brambles everywhere!  (Read 963 times)

fugazi

• Not So New ...
brambles brambles everywhere!
« on: July 20, 2007, 21:04:08 »
new here and have just got my first plot a few weeks ago, my problem is brambles 6 feet high covering the plot. I know it will take alot of hard work and i am not scared but are there any tips you knowledgable lot can give me in clearing them? cheers, shaun

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: brambles brambles everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 21:55:13 »
Cut off all the top growth... and probably best burnt... so you can find the roots dig out as much as you can... and burn.. leave a month or two... under carboard/membrane than dig out any regrowth..
 ;D

If you use mulch method you can grow other stuff as Bramble shoots are easily spotted and pull out as much as you can whenever you see them..
 :o

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 22:00:39 »
When I did mine (had been left for four years) I cut down all the brambles and  left twelve inches sticking up, so that I knew where they were when it was time to dig  up the roots, bought a new grubbing axe and leather gloves from Screw Fix and grubbed out the roots and had a big bonfire, lovely now, all planted up, the odd bramble that I did not get all out and begins to show I poison with brushwood killer, and dig up when dead just to make sure. you wouldn't think it's the same plot now. best of luck.

fugazi

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 22:16:45 »
thank you for the tips, i have screw-fix round the corner. cheers ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal