Author Topic: French Bargins  (Read 2356 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
French Bargins
« on: July 15, 2007, 22:34:07 »
HI Guys,

Just come back from a day trip to france, i picked up a few bargins but though you guys may be intrested in the offer on jam jars

6 le parfait jars 1.5ltr for £9.15 (£1.52 each)
12 le parfait jam jars for £6 (72p each)

They also have some amazingly cheap large sheds summer houses

272x190 309€
3m x 2m 549€

cambourne7
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 22:49:44 by cambourne7 »

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: French Bargins
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:22:26 »

They also have some amazingly cheap large sheds summer houses

272x190 309€
3m x 2m 549€

cambourne7

How many of those did you bring back with you strapped to the car Louise?! ;D ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 12:00:47 »
ha

none, i picked up 50€ worth of tea from our fav tea shop about an hour and fifteen min from calais and just my usual shopping ( cooking chocolate, ham, pate, cheese, toiletries, cleaning products, bottled water, jams/preserves).

I now have 20 different types of tea :-)  http://www.paulandlouise.com/louise/tea.htm

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 14:01:56 »
No mayo?  I absolutely adore Benedicta Mayonaise and really miss it now it is no longer in the supermarkets.  OH went on an awayday a few weeks ago and his mates thought it really funny as I sent him with a photo of which one to buy to make sure he got the right one.

I love the Rochers in packs of 7 from the supermarket too ,ummmm I wish I was going to France....

Your teas sound wonderful Louise, I am a great tea fan, which is your favourite?

I love bringing jams etc back from france too, there is something about French jam, even the cheap supermarket own brand is lovely,  I am getting quite envious now! :(  Cornwall will not be the same! :(

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 15:09:28 »
Mayo - ususaly we pick the very one up but i had bought 2 jars of good old hellies as they were buy one get one free.

jam - well i picked up some clear jelly fruit jam which was quince flavoured and so far we have divoured 1/2 of the jar!!

We picked up some Lindt cooking chocolate which was mega cheep in fact he chocolate and the parma ham were the same price in € and we can buy in £ with a longer shelf life!!

OH biggest surprise is having replaced our car with a desiel rather then petrol was how cheap it was we filled the tank and saved £13!

Tulippa there is a holiday part 15 min from the euro tunnel so you could stay for a long weekend and take in a day trip to france while your there.

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 07:19:04 »
My wife and I, go on day trips to france from plymouth, usualy one night at sea,day in france and get back early the next morning,We usualy buy pate,fine flour,butter some cheese etc.
        We have found that lidles in the uk sell a lot of french jams and cheeses etc at good prices,We bought the 1/3ltrjam jars in morlaix,they are good.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 11:41:31 »
I love the bonne mama jams which you can find here but not there gelee range which i think they have only launched in france over the last year. You will find that after christmas going to france will be less popular as the people who go there for the cheap fags will be stopping ( france is upping the tax which makes it more or less the same as the UK ).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal