Author Topic: anyone wat some of these ?  (Read 1623 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
anyone wat some of these ?
« on: July 16, 2007, 16:23:07 »
we won't even charge you postage,
every time I fnd a snail, i throw them up on the garage roof for my friendly blackbirds and thrushes
today, i pulled up lots of finished flowers around the apple tree, this was the result, wacky races for snails  ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: anyone wat some of these ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 17:51:39 »
Fantastic Manics!!! They are saying "Quick, get off this bloody roof before that blackbird comes back".  ;D ;D ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 17:53:53 »
 ;D ;D ;D I throw the ones in the front garden out on to the road for passing motorists to do the decent thing. In the back garden  they usually go over the fence to the school playground. They land with a satisfying scrunch and are then the pbject of attention of many neighbourhoos birds.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 20:27:55 »
nor grawrc what they are actually saying is

oooh hot hot hot oooh quick get off its burning my butt lol  ;D

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 19:39:33 »
They are a flipping nightmare aren't they!  I chopped down a clematis gone mad in the garden and it was a haven for snails.  I have never seen to many and most were BIG.  I threw them on the patio and by the time I'd finished there were almost 100!!!!!!

The annoying thing is that twice this year I have used nematodes which in the past have been great for slugs and snails.  Since using them I have see slugs - I hadn't seen any before that (this year or last year) and there seem to be more snails.
I can't work out if the nematodes are useless or if the wet weather is just bringing more of the little so and so's out! >:(

They've had every lettuce I've sowed, all my beans, most of my pumpkins and now they are onto the rocket!

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 22:05:21 »
My Mum's birthday, I collected snails, painted different coloured nail varnish on their shells, then we raced em...........................plenty of time to drink Pimms before they finished!!!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 07:58:44 »
Sadly Nematodes don't affect Snails SmileyK..
 :(

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 10:01:45 »
Sadly Nematodes don't affect Snails SmileyK..
 :(

I thought that too but for the last two years I've found lots of empty snail shells within a month of watering in the nematodes. Maybe it was just coincidence but I can't see what else could have got them... ???

Only saw slugs AFTER I'd watered the nematodes in this year - that is SOOO not fair!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal