Produce > Recipes

Ingredients from the Garden/Lottie

(1/2) > >>

Palefire:
Ahem, I hope that's how it's spelt! :)
I made a stonking ratatouille today and it struck me half way through it that next year, I should have raised all the ingredients (bar the Marmite!!!) myself. I am hoping for some success with Aubies, Peppers, Courgettes, onions, tomatoes, garlic and maybe a go at mushrooms. We will have to see. Hopefully I'll be able to come back to this message and verify the bits that were successful and bemoan the failures.

Are there any recipes that you had to buy in some of the ingredients for this year, but hope to grow the full monty next year?? It might be a good way of charting your progress over the first few years of veggie growing - I did the tomatoes the first year, the tomatoes, the garlic and the onions this year, so I'm going for all or nothing next year! Are there any recipes you've got down to a fine art both growing and cooking wise?

Love, Palefire

xxx

Beer_Belly:
I thought at first that the only thing missing that I use a lot of would be mushrooms, but i've just ordered two types of mushroom bags for in my garage - I'll let you know how I get on.

tim:
MARMITE ? - what next! - Tim

merv:
Hi,

Why not grow some chillis.  I don't buy seed.  

Booth's at the mo has the Israeli chilli packs. I got them when the pack price was reduced last year and grew them this season; and they have been fantastic!

Mrs Ava:
Well....I only took on my lottie very late in the summer, however, I was able to make stonking apple pies, crumbles, in & outs, cakes, and sauce using apples from the 2 trees I inherited.  I have also made stacks of tomato sauce from the plants from my garden - for pasta and pizzas and have that in my freezer to enjoy over the forthcoming months.  I only hope that this time next year, my freezer is full to capacity with dishes made from lottie produce, I have strings of onions and garlics in my shed, clamps full of carrots and parsnips, sacks of spuds, and jars and bottles of goodies to enjoy over the winter months!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version