Author Topic: Finally....  (Read 2424 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Finally....
« on: July 10, 2007, 20:54:54 »
Have got the first flowers on aubergines and peppers!  :DJust hope we get enough sun now to get some fruit.

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
Re: Finally....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 21:37:40 »
I've got flowers forming to on my aubergine so very exciting stuff hey!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 22:48:33 »
Hmph.  My aubergines have almost given up the ghost and joined my okra plant!  Chillis and peppers are covered in flowers and fruit tho - I take comfort in that.  Still, would like to make mousakka..... :-\

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:02:37 »
No flowers on my chillies yet!

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:06:22 »
Flowers (and chillies) on the chillies but nothing on the peppers yet.  :(
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 12:21:28 »
1 flower on an aubergine, 1 fruit on a pepper, lots of flowers on them and the chillies  :)

Tinkie_Bear

• Acre
  • D'oh !!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 19:23:01 »
Flowers and peppers on several chilli's, flowers on my sweet peppers, aubies doing nowt :-(

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 19:54:29 »
my peppers are only about 7" high but I can see a tiny flower bud in the centre of the crown. 

how big are they normally when they start to flower?
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 12:11:18 »
i have flowers on my chillis just about ready to open but pepper plants not even close to flowering

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 13:07:40 »
Ha! ...can I paste this into the runner beans post where mine are pathetic and everyone else's are great?!

I have green peppers almost ready to harvest (Jumbo), lots of chillies about half grown, my aubergines (Mohican) are fruiting well, but the Red Egg variety keeps getting to fruit set point and the flowers and mini fruit drop off.....don't know what I am doing wrong there, all the aubergines are in the same place so I don't know why one variety is OK and the other isn't, but I won't grow those again if they carry on (that will teach them......!) ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 22:01:19 »
far more blooms on the aubs than i dared hoped for.  now for some setting fruit.

cayennes are just starting to flower now.  nothing on the peppers yet.

hestia runners and Supersprout's Gigantes are just about flowering.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 22:29:58 »
Ha! ...can I paste this into the runner beans post where mine are pathetic and everyone else's are great?!

I have green peppers almost ready to harvest (Jumbo), lots of chillies about half grown, my aubergines (Mohican) are fruiting well, but the Red Egg variety keeps getting to fruit set point and the flowers and mini fruit drop off.....don't know what I am doing wrong there, all the aubergines are in the same place so I don't know why one variety is OK and the other isn't, but I won't grow those again if they carry on (that will teach them......!) ;D

Deb my aubies are doing the same - even had some egg size [small egg!] which have gone mouldy & dropped off.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal