Author Topic: Now here is an odd variety of tomato  (Read 1019 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Now here is an odd variety of tomato
« on: July 08, 2007, 22:48:01 »
 I got the first one of these today, it is a Reisetomate Pocket Book  and thought you might like to see it. It is quite a big tomato,  it looks like a bunch of grape tomatoes all joined together, and it is exactly how it is supposed to look, I picked the first one today just over 9 ounces. So if anyone got seeds in a swap  and don't know anything about them, this is what they are like. I know I have sent seeds out to folks so someone out there is growing them. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Now here is an odd variety of tomato
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 22:51:42 »
looks odd, how does it taste?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 23:02:35 »
It tastes really excellent, and to eat it you just peel off a segment at a time rather like an orange, good it a lunch box, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lin

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 00:24:39 »
Those look really interesting Jeannine, think I may buy some of those seeds next time I am in the market for next year's supplies! Love things that are different, Lin :)

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 09:32:54 »
Jeannine, maybe a strange question but.........does the tomato plant itself look like any other tomato plant?......the reason I ask is because you sent me some seed back in April (the Hybrid 'superbush' ) but the plant looks different to anything I've seen before (not that I'm used to growing them myself but have seen plenty).....see pic in 'gallery' under 'my patio'....

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 09:52:04 »
That's some tomato!

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 09:53:50 »
My dad had an operation for something very similar  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 10:05:25 »
 :o :o :o

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 16:26:04 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It does look rather painful Trixiebell!!

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 17:03:42 »
A bad case of 'Farmer Giles'!

Apparently he had the 'tomato-like' things removed from his back end & discharged himself from hospital shortly thereafter.

My Gran (his Mother-in-law) happened to be the hospital secretary at the time and she had an emergency visit from the matron on his ward "Mrs. H! Your son-in-law is causing trouble on Ward B!'

She never forgot it  ::)

Neither did my mother. When he got home he bent down in front of the bedroom mirror, gazed upon the red iodine tincture on his butt and shouted ...

'JUUUUUUUUUDITH! I'M BLEEDING TO DEATH"

And then he passed out. Probably just as well.

ANYWAY! Don't let this put you off growing this variety of tomato  :)

SORRY JEANNINE  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 17:07:42 »
Trixie, you bad girl, if I had read this before I ate it I might have thought twice about it,I shall never be able to eat a conjoined tomato ever again without thinking of your relative rear end !!!

XX Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 17:14:56 »
Hi Hot Potato, the one you have is a bit different, it is a free standing tom,it needs no support, no caging and no pruning, it will only grow about 3 feet high and about the same wide, the fruits are large, smooth and round. The plant may look a little different if it is on a very rigid stem XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal