Author Topic: Who has had or is having a baby this year  (Read 16586 times)

carolinej

• Hectare
Re: Who has had or is having a baby this year
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 15:08:14 »
Svea, how exciting. Let us know if it is definately labour, and keep us posted on progress  ;D

cj :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 17:55:23 »
Yep, we'll be checking in for updates Svea. Hope all goes smoothly.
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 18:48:17 »
waiting eagerly to hear of new arrival Svea, another A4A member on his/her way!!

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 20:27:50 »
slow labour/pre labour only - come on baby!
it's every 14 minutes now but very strong. i would rather have more frequent but slightly weaker contractions.....

(moon on a stick and all)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 21:45:19 »
Hope it all speeds up for you soon. 

Our Boots the Chemist have started renting out a labour TENS machine. Dont know if they work though. Have you got one?

Has anyone on here tried one during labour? Not that I have any intentions of needing one again. 4 children are definately enough  for me!!!!

All the best Svea :D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 21:54:45 »
I tried a TENS when in labour with my second....had it turned up so high I was vibrating with the pulses!!!! Works really well for some women, most don't turn it up high enough, quickly enough to get the best effect. I also had one when I had a back injury, worked well.

Hope all is going well Svea, eat well and carbohydrate load a bit....nice relaxing bath if things aren't picking up pace yet....... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 22:04:40 »
Deb,

I tried one to help with the pain after a neck injury. It didnt work for me though, just sent my neck muscles into spasm, whatever level I set it on. SHame really, as it's a wonderful thing if you can get relief from it .

I'm trying to get my daughter to try one when she has her baby. She's not convinced though, as she says that labour cant be much worse than period pains :-X. I dont want to frighten her, so I may rent one secretly. and take it to her when things get a bit 'intense'. ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 09:29:56 »
Come on Svea, toe tapping here waiting patiently for news ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 10:07:21 »
Deb,
I'm trying to get my daughter to try one when she has her baby. She's not convinced though, as she says that labour cant be much worse than period pains :-X. I dont want to frighten her, so I may rent one secretly. and take it to her when things get a bit 'intense'. ;)

More like nine months accumalated period pain in my experience!  ;D It varies so much though, I've looked after women in labour who have sat smiling and writing out shopping lists throughout lucky things! They are the exception rather than the rule though! I think you are right not to frighten her, TENS work best when put on in early labour though, if you put one on too late it doesn't seem to be as effective but worth a try.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 13:38:10 »
Wonder whether i'ts arrived...

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007, 15:43:33 »

PS: as with moonbells, been told i have the body of a 16 year old. i wasnt complaining :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Wish I really did have the body of a 20-year old instead of someone twice that! There's one line in Raiders of the Lost Ark that I love - it's not the years, hon, it's the mileage... and I feel like that sometimes! (In 1981 Harrison Ford was 39 so was younger than me when he said it!!!)

Back problems, knee problems endemic. I'm just glad the reproductive part is apparently young! It's going to need to be!

Best wishes and look forward to hearing all about it when you've recovered a bit!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 17:00:48 »
Thanks for the well wishes guys... Looking forward to Svea's update - presumably the silence is the update.

I think women have to be so brave with this. I'd want an epidural and plentiful supply of Codeine from about month 7 onwards, personally. But I'm a wimp.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 17:03:46 »
Ollie, you are right.Svea is too quiet. Must mean that mini Svea is imminent or here!

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 18:15:57 »
only just popped in here as i am not expecting anything (been there done that). its all very exciting isnt it?  had no idea there were so many expectent members. good luck everyone! will be thinking of svea till we hear something. good luck moonbells i have wondered how you were getting on as i used to enjoy your blog.  :D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 23:57:52 »
Hope all this doesn't send you into an early labour Moonbells.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2007, 00:50:24 »
Just to help matters, I've now got a cold. Could shoot one of my work colleagues for sneezing all over me. He got sent home pronto but obviously too late. Can't sleep as can't breathe if horizontal, and just as I'd got some days off for my birthday too!

Hope I can get shot of the cold soon - I've heard they take aaaaggess to go if you're expecting...

*sigh*

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2007, 11:21:39 »
Cosset yourself Moonbells, eat something nice and comforting.. ;D Im sure Mr Moonbells is waiting on you as he should. Hope you're soon better.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 10:21:13 »
I wish Mr M was cosseting me, but he's not back from his 2-month hiatus in Mumbai till the weekend.

Strictly self-service till then! But at least the cat is there for company.

moonbells

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2007, 15:19:58 »
matilda arrived 2nd october after 4 days of prelabour and 15h of active labour. they had to break my waters to get me going.

days and nights are happening one at a time - she is 11 days today and things seem good so far.
but i havent got much time for anything else, hence the radio silence...
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 15:38:34 »
Congratulations Svea and welcome to A4A Matilda!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal