Author Topic: Who has had or is having a baby this year  (Read 16710 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Who has had or is having a baby this year
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 21:17:43 »
 I am not worried , just curious because she couldn't explain what it was and  it seems to be nothing I know.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 20:44:44 »
We have our news!!!

Our 20 week scan revealed today our Grandbump is a girl and everything is going well!!

She is to be called Alexandria Jeannine,we are so  thrilled you would think there had never been a baby born before.

Picture below,just had to share this.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 21:12:43 »
cogratulations, jeannine and family..it's so exciing, the first scan.. what date has she been given ?..I bet the knitting needles are going 10 to the dozen  ;D
so glad all's going well,  :)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 21:49:13 »
jeannine that picture is so clear she does look very relaxed looks like shes lying on her back having a smoke though lol

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 07:00:29 »
Fabulous picture Jeannine. Is the test you are talking about the alpha foeto protein test? I think if the levels are very low it can be an indicator of neural damage in the foetus.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 08:46:21 »
Is the test you are talking about the alpha foeto protein test? I think if the levels are very low it can be an indicator of neural damage in the foetus.

AFP level are very high if there is an open Neural Tube Defect...I don't think that is the test she was trying to identify, I tried to work out which one it was but the timings don't fit any UK tests very well. Must be a Dutch thing!

Well apparently we are in for a very busy October, very high bookings at the maternity unit where I work. Tell me about it!
I've been busy all night delivering babies.......now off to bed (yawn)...
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 09:50:45 »
I've a 33-week, kicking madly bump at the moment. First one, likely to be an only (I'm too old to do this again!) and it's completely prevented any lottying this year thanks to making me rather sicker than I expected. (Another reason for it being an only child!)

The 12-week test you are discussing is called a nuchal translucency: it was developed by the Fetal Medicine Foundation and is primarily an ultrasound scan, made between 11 and 13 weeks, to measure the diameter of a fold of skin. Years of observational research have shown that the diameter, combined with a knowledge of the maternal age, allows a risk of chromosomal abnormalities to be made. This is primarily Down's syndrome, but that's only trisomy-21; there's a couple of other trisomies too. There's also evidence that the nuchal fold can also predict a lot of other defects. If you have the scan, there's usually an option to have blood tests too: a dual one at the time or a triple later on.

Because of my age, I started with a risk of 1:89 chance of Down's.  After the scan, it dropped to 1:675, and when the bloods came back, it was 1:1189 so I was happy not to have further tests. It told me that my risk of a Down's baby was that of a 20-year-old mother. Nice thing is that it's non-invasive for the baby - where amniocentesis and chorionic villus-sampling rely on needles being stuck in, which gives a 2-3% risk of miscarriage. Though you get a definite result from those, as against a simple qualitative risk assessment for the nuchal. If I'd have had a less than 1:200 final result, my GP would have sent me for the invasive tests.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 17:34:39 »
Glad you are feeling better now Moonbells! Good time of year to be pregnant now the weather is cooling down a bit... ;D

I suggested nuchal translucency to Jeannine but she didn't think it was that, it was another blood test. We offer 12 week dating scans in the area where I work, and the 'quadruple' blood tests at around 15 weeks, but few units use the nuchal translucency as a general screening test in our area. I'm afraid it comes down to budgets, scanning equipment, consultants preferences and pressures on scanning time....

I was a 'mature' mum when I had my first (even more mature three years later when I had my second!) and had to pay to have the 'triple' blood test done as it was not widely available then and had to be sent to a London hospital for analysis! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 20:22:35 »
well, I've given in to my need to buy stuff..all the shops have sales on so we went mad buying things for the baby this week, Ray's as bad as me..tops and pants, jackets etc..
will be going out again next week, mitts and hats, towels and anything else we see..it's lovely,
15th to 18th october, depending what happens, they're only letting her go 'til 18th then will do a cesarean so I'm sooo excited  ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 10:08:42 »
Yay!!! We've just got back from the 12 week scan - a brother or sister for little Annabelle. Not due until April, but I thought I'd join in...  :) :) :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 16:08:55 »
congraats, ollieC..it'll fly over  ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 17:16:17 »

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 17:39:34 »
Many congratulations Ollie to you and your family.

mackem

• Not So New ...
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 18:58:11 »
And i'll be a Grandad again in December,  ;D
Now how many will that make 1,2,3,err 4,5,6
it will be 6  :o ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 19:26:20 »
This is all exciting. Manics I thought of your daughter today whilst hanging curtains in now 3 months old grandaughter's room. Will await news with anticipation as you seem to be next. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 19:34:34 »
thanks, maggie, is she keeping you busy..3 months, it's gone over so quickly   ;D
 it's almost as exciting as when I was having my own, apart from the birth bit, of course  :o ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 22:10:50 »
Yup, chief sitter 2 mornings a week. Ooooooh I love it. ;D ;D ;D
Wouldn't want to do the birth bit again either :o
Smile, it confuses people.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 11:37:49 »
i am a week overdue with my first - but hopefully something is happening today fingers crossed. have had mild contractions all night every 10 mins or so, still continuing now. just willing them to get stronger and closer together (though OUCH! but i'll cope)

lottying this year has been slightly less organised due to bump - and then in july and august we had buildes in and no kitchen so i didnt even harvest anything for 7 weeks as couldnt cook. tomatoes are going mental although coming to an end now, was digging potatoes yesterday, got squashes and sweet potatoes to harvest.

been looking for purple srouting broccoli plantlets as havent had organisational skill to grow seedlings in time. if i planted now-ish, i should have some in february/march - trouble is i cant seem to buy them anywhere (marshalls etc).

anyone got any ideas?

PS: as with moonbells, been told i have the body of a 16 year old. i wasnt complaining :D
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 12:01:02 »
no wonder you're getting pains, digging potatoe, is that a way to bring on labour  ;D
hope everything goes smoothly, just remember to breathe  ;D

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 13:35:17 »
absolutely! that was the point of the excercise after all. it's raining today otherwise i'd dig the SP as well.....
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal