Author Topic: allotment giving me grief  (Read 893 times)

Maidenheadtaff

• Half Acre
allotment giving me grief
« on: July 05, 2007, 21:47:13 »
I tried digging my allotment as it was very overgrown with grass mainly.Then i thought i'd try glyphosate i think thats what its called .i sprayed it on sunday while the rain had stopped and just popped down now between the rain and some of the grass had turned brown but not what i expected. i thought i'd be able to dig in over this week but it seems like i might have to spray again or carry on cutting.
Is this glyphosate any good for this sort of grass [

i was going to send photos but don't know how to at the moment

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: allotment giving me grief
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 21:53:37 »
The grass is brown, it's working. The rain will dilute it somewhat but do it again.
 Working an allotment requires more than a little patience.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 21:59:35 »
It is more effective during a dry spell ::)

In this weather, you may need a few more applications.  When digging make sure that you get out as much root as you can otherwise it can regenerate if the weedkiller hasn't thoroughly penetrated.

This rain will have softened the ground nicely, making digging easier (as long as its not waterlogged)

I've never tried this but in this weather it might work.  Can you get hold of any clear plastic sheeting?  if so, after the next application, cover the ground with the plastic, keeping off the rain and letting the Glyo do its thing.

Happy weeding ;)

Maidenheadtaff

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 22:05:12 »
thanks i'll give that a go.wanted everything finished in one day no patience

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal