Author Topic: Tomatoes-bending the rules  (Read 1111 times)

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Tomatoes-bending the rules
« on: July 05, 2007, 16:30:09 »
A few days ago I sowed a few Gardener`s Delight to see just how late one can get away with it. They went into 3inch pots this morning. They might need potting on again as there is no room under shelter just yet but the plan is to plant a couple in the polytunnel once the first cucumber has finished. And if I tidied up the larger greenhouse I could find a bit of space to put a couple in big pots.

The seed is free(saved) and the pots will get filled with compost bin compost so it costs nothing to see.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Tomatoes-bending the rules
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 16:42:10 »
Keep us informed?

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 17:15:48 »
The seeds will think it's March anyway.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 17:25:15 »
I have some that were potted up into 3 inch pots about 3 weeks ago and they need moving on again already.  I keep these at home in the greenhouse and last year doing this I was able to pick a handful of ripe toms on Christmas day!

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 18:06:58 »
Variety Santa EJ?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 18:19:11 »
Cleo, well done, I grow a few over the winter too, it is a bit faffy sometimes but I love the challenge.

I can usually keep a few Sungolds going till the end on November and sometimes we have planted a couple of Tumblers late and put them in hanging baskets in the kitchen right by the window. I find if they are maturish when I bring them in they do OK.

I would like to find a samller type hanging basket type to play with this concept more.

We are trying with a selection of mini toms this year.

Good Luck, please share as you go with us

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal