Author Topic: Dragged the family to the allotment  (Read 871 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Dragged the family to the allotment
« on: July 01, 2007, 18:45:51 »
No, I didn't have to drag them really, they were quite keen.  Number one son is an enthusiastic gardener, so he and dad dug up the last of the International Kidney spuds - filled 2 bags.  I could hear whoops of excitement as each plant was dug.  The spuds are HUGE though!

Daughter number one wasn't feeling very well - poorly in the night - so she was on flower picking and made me 2 lovely bunches of sweetpeas, cosmos, poppies and other delights.  She and I then picked the raspberries and I picked the strawberries.  I think that will be the last of the strawbs.

Number one son and I picked 3 lovely courgettes, he and his dad pulled a bunch of radish and son chose 2 lettuce, a loose leaf type and a little gem. We then hunted out the peas and the broad beans.

Thrilled to see all the seeds I set before having my herniaernia (as the kids call it) done have all germinated.  Mange tout, alderman peas, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, lettuce, spring onions and other bits and bobs.

I will be updating my blog tonight with photos if you want to wander by somtime.  ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Dragged the family to the allotment
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 19:16:26 »
glad you're feeling better enough to go emma..good haul, and that the weather was kind enough to let you, we've had torrential rain and thunder and lightning, on and off all day..
ray's dad has a hiatus hernia, he's 88, a bit mixed up and calls it his 'hyacinth' hernia   ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 19:21:35 »
I can just see the look of excitment on your face, after all your downs your luck is certainly on the up look luck EJ look forward to your photos, Scousers I had an operation for a hiatus hernia about 12 years ago.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 19:41:16 »
good to see you're getting back to normal(ish)  :) :) :)  Don't be tempted and overdo it, tho  ;) ;) ;)
The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal