Author Topic: Car broken into overnight  (Read 2013 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Car broken into overnight
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:24:05 »
Argggh  - I could really do without this... just went to get in my car to go to work and the window was smashed. Laptop, my mobile and dvd player/tv taken... ALL i might add were completely concealed and not in view.  Utter *fatherless children*.  Ive not even had the car 2 weeks yet..  Called the police who are coming round to take prints, so stuck here until i can 'touch' the car.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Car broken into overnight
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:33:30 »
If the stuff was hidden then you can bet it was somebody watching you. Think about anybody different who has been hanging about lately. Also look around in the bushes, some of them stash the stuff and come back later as carrying a laptop at night looks suspicious. Window will be replaced by insurance, but you can be sure the insurance company will haggle over paying for the other stuff.

I bet you feel like comitting a murder right now, but calm down and take stock, at least you have given the junkie his fix without him mugging an old lady.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:38:17 »
Hi Ace - yeah i suppose some lady has been spared... feel funny about leaving the house now in case someone breaks in!!!

We live in a lovely street, BUT it is backed by flats and terraces - originally occupied by older people but as flats become available they are moving the scum of society in. At first i thought they were harmless, down on their luck maybe, integrating into society. Now i think i might be safer over on the council estate.  We have Jags, real posh Audi's, beemers the lot parked out the back from my street's residents so i reckon you are right they have checked the car out before. I was loading and unloading alot of stuff over the weekend, maybe they saw what i 'didn't unload'.

Wonder how long the police will take!

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:57:34 »
Oh to add insult to injury the items are only covered up to £100 so I now dont have my items and I'm out of pocket £60 for the glass excess... >:(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:13:06 »
OO. You must be due for better days soon. Sorry to hear about your latest problem.
Lorna

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:18:33 »
OO, as Lorna says, things will get better, hang on in there.  I really feel for you. :(

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 09:19:20 »
I'm grateful for every day that we are spared.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:05:39 »
forensics been and gone, no prints but they did take a box to do a chemical analysis. Not holding breath... going to work now for more stress YIPEEEE

pye

• Half Acre
  • Little plot of London clay
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:34:49 »
Olive that's rotten.  >:(

Have you got content insurance for the house? When my car was broken into all my cds and the stereo were covered on the house insurance.

Might be worth checking, sounds like you've lost some expensive stuff.  :'(
You been goofin' with the bees?

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 15:46:45 »
Hi Pye... well it would have been insured BUT my insurance was due for renewal last month adn i assumed it would be rolled over, didnt read the letter, they wanted me to phone and renew it... grrr so infuriating. Iguess they get out of paying loads out by not continuing insurance and getting you to physically renew it.... My last policy rolled over unless i rang to cancel. so yeah im stuffed there.

shopping round for quotes now.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 16:25:32 »
Really sorry to hear about this. As if you didn't have enough stress already. Things can only get better.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 17:23:04 »
So sorry to hear about this, OO. Hassle you could really do without! >:(

DadnDom

• Half Acre
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 17:32:27 »
So sorry to hear your sad news Olive.  :'(   Hope things get better for you. 

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 18:04:54 »
In the scheme of things it could be much worse  - the car could have been stolen, written off, never returned.

It's all character building  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal