Author Topic: Rain flattened Verbena bonariensis  (Read 1685 times)

Rohaise

Rain flattened Verbena bonariensis
« on: June 25, 2007, 20:54:39 »
 Because I didn,t plant enough suporting plants around them ,my Verbena bonariensis (probably spelt wrong!)  has  grown and flowered 5ft tall and now is totally blown flat by the wind and torrential rain....my question is...would it be too late to cut it down and get another flush of flowers ? What d,yer think ?     Rohaise
 p.s. by the way ,my heart goes out to all who,ve had their allotments ,veg plots and especially those who,ve had their homes ruined  with this freak weather ,most sincerely .

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Rain flattened Verbena bonariensis
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 22:19:04 »
I would have thought it would be all right to cut the verbena (spelt correctly) back rohaise.  It still has plenty of time to put on new growth and flowers.

I also sympathise with all the gardeners whose plots are bogs!!

'Lower than average rainfall, and a long hot summer' was the forecast for this year.  Roll on!!!  According to the BBC forecast on Countryfile on Sunday, there is a possibility of frost in northern England and Scotland for Wednesday night.  All the delights of global warming!!

Sorry to have gone off thread!!

valmarg

Rohaise

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 19:20:04 »
Thankyou ! 
  As the song goes....   " Pick yourself up ...dust yourself down and start all over again !"   
                           Rohaise    x

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 16:58:53 »
I always do, rohaise..we get a flush of smaller 'fronds' they're still as pretty  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal