Author Topic: New Frontpage  (Read 13800 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: New Frontpage
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2007, 08:29:54 »
It is much easier to get around Dan, thank you, you got my vote XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2007, 09:06:59 »
And mine too, thank you Dan, you're doing a great job. xx  :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2007, 16:47:17 »
Dan as usual you are doing a great job, I like the new front page..................but..........................I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how many unread PMs there are on the front page - have I missed it, or has it gone?

Kathi

When you have new PM's a bold New x is displayed under your name on the left!

Cheers

Dan

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2007, 18:23:42 »
 :) I've got a new pm, and it's showing just where you said - Thanks Dan ;D
Kathi :-)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2007, 18:25:05 »
Of course!!

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2007, 20:59:18 »
I've just noticed the 'view gallery' above our avatars - has this always been there ?  does it link to the gallery, or is it a separate feature ?

KevB

• Hectare
  • Now where did I Plant those Seeds
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2007, 13:38:52 »
where has the index gone?
If I wasn't Gardening I'd be shopping!! thank God for Gardening!!

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2007, 14:51:50 »
sorry to be such a thicko but.....you say

'You may or may not have noticed the new frontpage,

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/index.php

Please update your bookmarks / links to point to the new page.'

how do I do that please - at the moment, I get into the group by clicking on an Icon from my desktop (which my son put there for me).....don't want this to disappear and find I can't get into group....please explain step by step.....thanks :-[

btw - I always get into things by clicking onto 'forum'.....can't see any clouds or the - or + thingys

H.P.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2007, 19:22:37 »
You can access the 'groups' - Forum page by clicking 'forum' on the frontpage.

Do you want to go direct to the new frontpage or the forum from the icon on your desk top?

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2007, 22:01:32 »
this is very difficult for me to explain because I'm not sure of correct words/terminology for these things and I'm not good or familiar with all the clever things you can do/alter on the computer.

At present I get into group from an icon on my desktop (put there by my son a couple of years ago probably) it says A4All Homepage and I'm quite happy with getting in that way and then finding my way around - I always go then into the forum and work my way thru it usually.

However, I thought from what Dan said in his message about change in the future....I might not be able to get into the group at all (because the website address might or has changed).......

It's just that bit I'm bothered about because he says somewhere that (I thought) the addy has changed and would we change our 'bookmarks' or something - I've no idea what a bookmark is Ken I'm afraid.

Sorry if this comes over as very muddled (I'm completely thrown by it)....but providing the website address isn't altering in anyway - I'm ok surely?

Maggie

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2007, 23:27:34 »
Maggie, your bookmark of A4A is your icon on your desktop.  Any time you look at something on the web and decide to save it for another look at a later date - it's a bookmark (literally like a real bookmark - saving your favourite page)

You are quite correct in thinking that if the A4A web address doesn't change you won't have to change anything, your bookmark/desktop link will be fine.

Which web browser are you using?

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2007, 23:10:05 »
S.B. I've now managed to sort this out thanks so much (with help)

Thanks for explaining the 'bookmark' to me - I'm very ignorant of many things to do with the computer :-[

a lot of the things I want to look at again, I save and keep in 'favourites' and don't usually keep them on my desktop (unless I'm using them all the time of course)

You asked me about my browser - had to ask someone what that was - more  :-[ from me here!.............that's been explained to me and I'm using IE version 6.0

That's what you mean isn't it.....anyway now have the new icon for A4All on my desktop thanks.

Maggie (H.P.)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2007, 00:24:55 »
You'll get advice about up-grading to IE7, HotPot....In your case, don't do it. It takes a bit of figuring in some cases and what you have is doing ok. |Leave it alone.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2007, 10:40:27 »
Why not use Firefox - I switched over to it over a year ago, and hate using IE now, it's so cumbersome.
The Tuscan Beaneater

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2007, 16:24:19 »
Ken - I've already been 'pestered' to upgrade to IE7 and continue to ignore it - had heard about the problems (altho some of my friends in another group have no problems with it) I'm a bit of a coward and prefer to stick to what I know.

asbean - you might be right but am 'of a nervous disposition' (with puter) so will soldier on with what I've got for time being thanks :)

H.P.

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2007, 21:44:04 »
How about putting members list at the top Dan with home, help, forum etc. Don't know the correct terminology. 

You have the 'member map'  up there but I find I use the other facility far more often.  Just a thought.
got a lottie got a life

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2007, 21:46:04 »
Good idea, Cazy- I couldn't find the memners list yesterday.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal