Author Topic: Presentation in Dunstable  (Read 4821 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Presentation in Dunstable
« on: June 16, 2007, 19:28:31 »
Been away on a trainers course in Dunstable Luton, stayed over for four days in a hotel/ pub type thingy, don't normally drink mid week but it would have been rude not to :P. At the end of the week we had to do a presentation on any subject but we had to include safe systems of work into the subject  ??? . I picked " planting an early spud on an allotment", so you had to assess the pathway pointing out any hazards, bending correctly, PPE gloves, hat, and so on. I was second up and started a little nervously but so got into my stride, cracked a couple of gags :D  and soon finished but wanted to go on. We all passed the course and had met some good lads, so it was back home to see how high the weeds had grown  :'(  and yes the buggers didn't disappoint.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Re: Presentation in Dunstable
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 22:20:23 »
Glad you had a good time and like the presentation topic! ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 23:05:52 »
Always best to stick to something you know  :)  Glad it went well.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 14:07:11 »
Because it was something I know when there was a gap or I was thinking whats next I just threw in a few lottie storeys or a few facts that a non- lottie wouldn't know, the nerves were soon gone after you get a few laughs.  ;D ;D ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:39:10 »
I've discovered that having an allotment is a great ice breaker at these things. People do tend to look at me as if I have two heads ( you LIKE gardening???) but it always gets people interested.
Great for creeping death or that thing where you have to ask the person next to you about themselves. The last time I had to do that I had the dullest perviest man on the planet ( not a good combination by the way) as my partner.
I always use it for presentations now as like you say kev, if you pause it's easy to fill up with quick lottie tale or veg fact!!
I hope you left Dunstable in a better state than you did Bournemouth. We're still clearing up.  ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 16:58:57 »
I'm working my way round the country Emms, was supposed to go on a course in Totten/ Southampton way, but they changed it to Dunstable.  ;D ;D ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 09:20:04 »
Remind me - where is all this excitement leading?

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 15:19:47 »
Hello

Where in dunstable did you stay?? ,

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 15:55:39 »
The highwayman.  ;D ;D ;D

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 16:01:05 »
Hello

The opposite end of dunstable to me, It's meant to be nice in there since the refurb.

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

www.rnrs.org

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 16:38:04 »
The bar and carvery was very nice ;D, but the rooms were like something out of crossroads  :-\, I think the last time they decorated Dick Turpin stayed there. ;D ;D ;D The course was at Boscombe Road at the tradeteam DHL site.  ;D ;D ;D

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 16:49:51 »
Hello

So you saw the sights of our delightful 1/2 empty town The highwayman is on the Downside est and it's not the best area, I am having a meal there in about a month so hopefully it should be nice

Cheers
Brogusblue

www.rnrs.org

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 18:17:37 »
The carvery was lovely :P, the roast beef was gorgeous :P, you know when its not chewy just sort of melts in the mouth and the swede yum :P , it was cheap as well ;), I claimed all my food and drink back on expenses so it was nice to wash it down with 8 bottles of bulmers paid for by the company. ;D by the way if you mention my name you'll probally get a discount                             or thrown out, one of the two.  ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal