Author Topic: Anyone interested in a YORKSHIRE (and friends) A4A meet????  (Read 13011 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Anyone interested in a YORKSHIRE (and friends) A4A meet????
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2007, 07:56:50 »
I'm still game, I'll have to check date with OH but fairly certain it is clear...
Dress code for the day? Scuba gear or outboard motors?
 ;D

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2007, 17:35:54 »
Maybe August then... Im available!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2007, 17:48:08 »
I don't even know what is happening here now, our school has been completely trashed by the floods and it may be we are all working through the summer holidays to get it back on track,we got in today, everything is ruined and has to be replaced, so until I know what I am doing I am having to put a hold on doing anything with the meet. If anyone wants to take over that is OK , right now we don't know which end is up here. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2007, 18:00:03 »
Jeannine, think you've done most of what needs doing already, but I'd be happy to coordinate as i'm not far from Harlow Carr. If anyone wants any info, drop me a PM.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 19:43:44 »
Caroline thank you, I will pm you the list of people and their available dates and the contact names I have at Harlow ,please count me in of course ,hopefully I wll be able to make it, but if not at least I know ot won't be spoiling things for anyone else. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 22:30:39 »
Well done, J (xx) you started the ball rolling and the support, or at least the potential support is there. If the eliments defeat or other wise make it a no-go, at least we know these sort of outings/meetings are a real possibility for the future. Many thanks for the organising....there will be other dates and venues and meetings, I'm sure of that.
Good on you.
Ken(Look-out...triple one coming up...don't click!  xxx)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2007, 13:04:46 »
...and on the A59...
"Traffic was diverted through Otley and Ilkley while the road was closed. It was eventually reopened on Sunday night.

Unfortunately there will be further disruption next month when part of the road is resurfaced. This is not connected to the landslide."

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2007, 21:47:42 »
As Jeannine has done all the work, I think we should wait until she can come along.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2007, 00:17:57 »
Mick that is very sweet, but I would rather you didn't, if we are in school all through the holidays trying to get it ready for Sepember I don't know when I will get a free day, I will join you if I can but I may not know till the last minute so don't plan round me. XX Jeannine

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2007, 10:31:32 »
so..............is the meet still on?
i could do with a day out with good company after the last few weeks.....lol
and just found out from the rota that my new job leaves me free most weekends...........yaaahooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
cant face up to the clean up of the plot just yet..........a day spent with enthusiasts will maybe kick start my determination

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2007, 16:50:25 »
Yep, still on as far as I'm concerned, assume we're looking at 21st July still as the most popular time. Only thing is if this rain carries on for much longer it might be very wet underfoot at Harlow Carr so i'll give them a ring next week (or maybe even pop over) and see what it's like. Think quite a lot of us are RHS members so will need to see if there are enough non-members to get a group rate. Will have a look back through the thread on Friday (my day off) and check who's still coming.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2007, 14:19:35 »
OK, later than promised, but I'm back! I rang HC today & they siad the gardens have recovered from the floods and all paths except one are back in use.

Can we have a roll-call of who is still hoping to come on Saturday 21st July, and please say whether you are an RHS member. If so, you can get in free, otherwise it's $6 (sorry, got an australian keyboard, that's 6 pounds) or $5 if there are at least 10 non-members. Don't know what anyone else thinks, but it doesn't seem fair to make RHS members pay to get the group rate for everyone else!PM me if you prefer. We can still offer at least one bed, and lifts from Harrogate station if required. Think we suggested 10.30 start but it's flexible.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2007, 16:32:41 »
Still need to speak to OH who is in Stafford at the moment...
 ::)

Lillypad

• Quarter Acre
  • Harrogate
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2007, 20:37:46 »
I'm on, but would have to join you late as I'm working on the 21st (which also means I can't offer the lifts from the station that I'd hoped).

I'm no longer a member of RHS, having joined HC before it was taken over by RHS. Much better in those days because as long as you were inside before the gates closed, you could stay as long as you liked, letting yourself out though a side gate. As there is a childrens' playground, this was great on summer evenings for our young daughter. We had many a picnic there! (Sorry, I've digressed)

I've posted earlier that if you catch the bus, you can claim a voucher from the driver, giving a discount on the entrance fee. I can't remember exactly what it is, but can check if anyone's interested.

Lillypad

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2007, 22:03:56 »
Really sorry that I cannot make it.  Hope that you all have a good day.

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 22:40:47 »
 :( sorry guy's I can't make it either...going on hols on the 22nd.so I'll be busy getting ready for that , soz.......... :(
Life is to short !!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2007, 12:55:37 »
we're not coming up to york until 23rd so will be to late for it  ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2007, 18:49:43 »
Just bumping this up again- is anybody coming??

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2007, 11:01:34 »
I hope to, I'm an RHS member too. ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2007, 11:42:30 »
That's 3 of us, then! (plus partners?)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal