Author Topic: I finally got strawberries and runner beans too  (Read 1039 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
I finally got strawberries and runner beans too
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:35:56 »
Finally after all the long wiot and hearing about all your super strawberries I got some today by wading ankle deep through the flood. Full story on the Worrying Forecast post.

I also managed to grab a few runner beans too, just half a portion each but first of the season. Oh  boy they better be good.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: I finally got strawberries and runner beans too
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 16:32:08 »
At least they are safe from the slugs... unless they have made a raft!
 ;D

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 18:53:04 »
Brilliant enjoy every mouthfull. Another allotmenteer passed us on a strawberry last Saturday from her plot it was lovely and sweet.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:22:02 »
Don't normally get runners until well into July!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 09:53:58 »
Mine are just a few days out of the ground.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 11:29:17 »
Just a few, they went out in very early, I did post it, sometimes it works,not always, lucky this year,not my main crop. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 23:50:28 »
Sorry Jeannine, don't want to burst your bubble but I've been eating runner beans for the past week. Not enough at one sitting for a man sized meal but mine are maincrop outdoor grown without protection and will be fully on stream from next weekend right through until the middle of October. If the cold spell hadn't slowed them down and there was no storm, they just might have started producing at the last week of May. Maybe next year. All the same, I'm still envious of the strawberries.

BarbaraGood

• Half Acre
  • 250 square metres of heaven
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 08:35:34 »
ooooh fabulous!! The slugs got 75% of ours :( still hundreds of white ones left but have tried slug pellets and beer traps and still losing more than we are getting :( Such a disappointment!

Here are the ones my 4 year old picked, she couldnt wait to get them home and eat them  ;D they are delicious, so sweet. Enjoy yours :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal