Produce > Recipes

Dried chick peas,runner bean seeds

<< < (2/2)

Hyacinth:
Well, bought the ginger today...browsed a local indoor market & came across this most amazing West Indian stall...broke off a piece of ginger & it cost me all of...three pence!!

Chatting with the lady who owns the stall about all the selection of yams she's got...all different coloured flesh, diff. tastes apparently? & diff. ways of cooking them....anyone else a yam-nut(ter)? When I come back in March, she's going to cut slices of each & give me individual recipes..

And she was selling huge, but huge bulbs of garlic, white-y/purple, for 25p for four!

And all-sorts of exotic stuff I didn't know anything about.

Reminds me of Martin, a friend in Cheltenham - after his 1st wife died, he remarried and his new partner is West Indian. Martin's diabetic & the H. asked him to keep a list of everything he ate over a 4-week period. When he reported back & the chart showed blank for the 1st 2- wks, then a list of cornflakes & mashed tats for the 2nd 2-wks he was asked why this was. He remarked that his wife has gone back to Jamaica after the blank period & it was only then that he realized he couldn't spell the foods that he was eating  ;D ;D ;D - Lish

Hyacinth:
Suze, the recipe was a winner! Tweaked it a bit...added some diced carrot and celery (got lots of carrots & celery and substituted tamarind for the lemon juice, oh! and added some strips of red, orange & yellow pepper at the end to make it really colourful - and it is gorgeous!! - many thanks, Lish

Suze_O:
Oh Well Thanks Lish

You mucked me recipe about and pronounced it gorgeus.

Great!

Hyacinth:
I may have pronounced it "gorgeus" Suze, but I spelled it with an

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

;D Lish

Doris_Pinks:
Errrrrrrrrr  with the wind thing........NEVER cook your beans in the water they have been (bean?) soaking in, always rinse thoroughly and add fresh water to cook in! And never add the bean(!) liquor they have bean cooking in to a recipe, rinse the darlings first!  Helps with the digestion (and I should know!!!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version