Author Topic: What are you sowing now?  (Read 2961 times)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
What are you sowing now?
« on: June 09, 2007, 09:13:29 »
Just being nosey!!  ;)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: What are you sowing now?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 09:26:30 »
Today, I am mostly sowing....
Fennel, sorrel, lettuce, honesty, foxgloves, cauliflowers, khol rabi, garlic chives, parsley, basil..........and I need to find some more flower seeds for a bed edging, haven't decided yet! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

timeoff

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 12:43:20 »
Am sowing now. more lettuce. beetroot and cabbage.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 14:25:09 »
Still sowing pretty much the same things I was sowing a month ago, and will be doing the same until September.  The only things I don't sow now are chillis, peppers, aubergines and toms.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 15:32:40 »
Most of above plus Icelandic poppies and sweet willies.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 16:25:37 »
same as above and chinese leaves  :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 19:10:51 »
The seeds I got from the seedswap at Barnsdale- pumpkin, squash, mangetout, basil, rocket, salad leaves.....

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 22:11:20 »
The seeds of love!   ;D ;D ;D
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 23:11:32 »
January King Cabbage and  Dwarf French beans to follow the first earlies...
Oh and Some Salad Burnett but it is old seed so not expecting much...
 ;D

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 23:14:30 »
Jeannine's special lettuce mix, cauliflowers, lemon grass, corriander & kale [black & green].  Tomorrow more brassicas.

sand

• Half Acre
  • North North Staffordshire
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 00:50:49 »
Whitloof chicory and raddichio Saturday.

Sunday cauliflower and basil.

(pricked out wallflowers and sweet william)

Sand

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 07:15:11 »
thanks, saddad, forgot about the french beans, they're going in the container we've just emptied the early spuds out of  :)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 11:24:31 »
Given me some ideas! Icelandic poppie sound nice! may try some chicory, we had a lovely chicory/ endive bed but keept admiring it going awwwww every time we passed it, it really did look sooooooo pretty but you've guessed it all bolted, so sorry everyone who sent me seeds! we had visual pleasure not taste!!!!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 11:38:15 »
I am sowing minature and small  tomato plants for a cold season experiment,XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

miniroots

• Half Acre
  • Beautiful bolting
    • Random allotment pictures
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 15:02:44 »
I've popped in some more dwarf and climbing french beans, runners and also some sweetcorn (I think this is a bit late - but I had poor germination earlier so I thought I'd try for a few more).

And I want to sow some beetroot too - but I'm not sure where I'll put them on the Allotment!

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 22:22:58 »
I am sowing minature and small  tomato plants for a cold season experiment,XX Jeannine

Jeannine, I planted out the last of the tomato plants today & one of them is a redcurrant, I think from you via the seed swap, it's got little tiny leaves & little tiny flowers - it's sooo sweet.  Is that the sort you are experimenting with?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 22:42:47 »
Hi Marymary, yes I think you did get that from me,and no it is not what I am planting.

I am planting tom seeds of very small plants,I have grown them inside during the winter now and again but the size has always been a headache,so I am trying really little plants that will go on a windowsill and under a light when needs be.I enjoy the challenge and it does work if I put in the effort.Sometimes a bottom shoot from an older plant does it.

The red currant is a bit different,it is a completely different family to the other toms we grow and it will cross pollinate with other tomatoes,it won't hurt the flavour but watch it if you are trying to keep seeds. It has a strong tomato flavour on very tiny fruits, the plant can get very big and loaded.

Good luck with it, they are sort of sweet and tart at the same time, more like a wild tomato.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 23:41:36 »
Runner beans, lettuce, foxgloves, basil and coriander today.  What a lovely day it was too.

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 09:48:47 »
Florence fennel, Bright Lights chard, cavalo nero, spinach beet and two types of leetuce this weekend in trays/modules/pots in the greenhouse, plus more salad leaves, radish and beetroot direct into the ground at the lottie. And hopefully, any biennial flower seeds I can get seeds of at Sarah Raven's open day next weekend...

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 11:26:31 »
Successional sowing all the stuff that takes you through the summer - beans, lettuce, beets etc. Specials from the seed swaps. Also going to try a late sowing of sweetcorn today - a fast maturing one as the mice had my last lot.

Also going to go through my seeds for later sowing for winter - i.e. swedes, winter spinach etc.

So going to have a right good potter  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal