Author Topic: chilli plants  (Read 953 times)

debster

• Hectare
chilli plants
« on: June 13, 2007, 15:05:26 »
my two chilli plants are looking decidely iffy at the moment, would it be too late to go and buy some seeds and start over again or would i be wasting my time and money? we like chillies particularly the other half and my parrot who can happily eat the hottest ones anybody can throw at him i just have to remember not to kiss him too soon afterwards as i learnt to my horror lol

deboydoyd

• Half Acre
  • Bit of digging - it'll be fine
Re: chilli plants
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 15:11:07 »
I would say it would be too late. Mine have taken over 3 month to get to a stage where they are about to flower. Although you could perhaps start them and try and overwinter them so they would be ready to grow next year!

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 19:10:43 »
Hi debster, i can't tell you if it's too late or not, but i have plenty of seed left if you want any - if so, just pm me your address.  I've got Chilli Pepper Demon Red.  Could you start them off to overwinter inside in a conservatory or somewhere?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 19:31:05 »
I could probably mail you a couple of spare chilli plants from our plant sale... if the post office don't mash them!...
 ::)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 19:52:36 »
im not sure i trust the post office with plants they dont seem to be able to send me other things without mashing them though willing to try all sorts cos use lots of chillis what with hubby and parrot and our love of chilli oil etc

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 20:07:33 »
PM me your addy and I'll have a look, last time I looked there were some Carribean Blend, a Krakatoa and some cayenne...
 ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 21:31:36 »
Have a look in a local nursery for plants - or B&Q - they have rather healthy looking Habaneros which they have managed to raise organically in their own peat free compost. :)
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 16:17:05 »
I've also seen Bolivian and Numex Twilight in nurseries/Homebase/B&Q which are good: although relatively small they produce a lot of fruit, and can fit on a windowsill to over winter.

hairyhippy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 18:04:46 »
What's wrong with your current plants?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal