Author Topic: Fuchsia Carmel Blue  (Read 3408 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Fuchsia Carmel Blue
« on: June 03, 2007, 17:19:57 »
Can anyone tell me how tall this Fuchsia grows please?  I've tried Google and come up with a range from 30cm to two metres!   ::)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
Re: Fuchsia Carmel Blue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 17:37:12 »
Hello Georgie

I had a look on mine it said 1m x1m approx 3ft x 3ft at the moment mines only about 8" high.

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 20:20:12 »
Thanks BB.  Mine are about the same height at the moment and I have to say I'm rather taken aback that they get to that size.  I'd bought them to train as standards but when the arrived they were already pinched out.   ::)  I'll pop one in the border but the other two will have to take their chances in pots I think.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

gardenqueen

• Acre
  • Love to garden.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 14:52:46 »
I was a bit peeved when I found that some of the fushias I received were pinched out! The only reason I could see for doing this was to fit in the plastic capsules they came in!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 18:12:21 »
Yes annoying isn't it?  But then again fuchsias do benefit from a fair amount of pinching out so perhaps the nursery were just being helpful?   ::)

G x

Baaaaaaaa

• Acre
  • Life's a treat for those who bleat.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 00:33:44 »

For a definitive answer on size try fuchsialoversaroundtheworld@ yahoogroups.com
If you can put up with all the social blithering that goes on, one or two gems can be found in there.

On Fuchsia cuttings the tops are usually left in for basket plants, but are pinched out for bedding plants. If you want to grow standards, the best start is to buy the netpots that appear in the garden centres in late Jan for +/- 70p. They all have their tops left in, and there is a good range to choose from.
Maximus, Procerus, Vegetus

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 15:14:05 »
I had a Carmel Blue which I kept for a couple of seasons - it grew about 18 inches tall.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 20:01:05 »
Mine have now reached about 12-15 inches high and I've got quite a few buds.  They seem happy enough in their pots.  ;D

G x

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 23:47:11 »
Mine is now about 20ins high and absolutely smothered in flowers.  Buddy

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 10:58:04 »
Excellent Rosebud.  Any chance of a picture?

G x

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 23:12:29 »
Yes i will take one tomorrow if it stops raining long enough, or maybe Monday ok.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 20:02:07 »
My first two blooms came out today.  Here's a couple of pictures.   ;D  G x

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 20:34:52 »
Very pretty Georgie. Have just spent an interesting few minutes looking at Shoot.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 20:39:00 »
Hi Lorna.  I helped trial the site so I've got free life membership.  It's quite good but still very much in delevopment.  I'm not sure I'd pay to join tho'.

G x

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 22:50:00 »
Georgie, i have taken 3/4 pictures but i dont know how to get them on so i shall ask my daughter tomorrow, they are not brilliant but you can certainly see lots of flowers .  I will try in the next couple of days ok . Rosebud.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 17:30:39 »
Look forward to seeing them, Rosebud.  How old is your plant?

G x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 21:09:06 »
I took a few more pictures today.  Some of the blooms have been bruised by the rain and I didn't realise the flowers change colour as they fade.  But overall I'm pretty pleased.    ;D  G x

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 21:30:00 »
Georgie, everytime i send my daughter an e mail it comes back failure . So if you can tell me what to do i shall try .  Yes i was disapointed that the bluish, changed colour.  When Fuschias are pinched out they get lots more buds , but flower about 2 wks later than others but are worth the wait.

I would ask VEGGIE PERRIN anything you need to know about fuschias he is a mind of information, he used to show them wonderfull plants.  Rosebud.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 21:34:34 »
Hi Rosebud.  Are your photos saved on Photobucket?  If so I can help you to post them.  If not then I'm afraid I'm clueless.   ::)

G x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 20:13:39 »
Oh it just gets better.   ;D  Here's a few snaps taken this evening.  G x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal