Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 3065 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 21:10:28 »
Don't listen to them Gruesome I'm one of a very few sane ones on the site, some of them spend all day going into the same shop looking for bargains, one of the them chooses her car to match her handbag others have 80 to 100 packets of seeds, I could go on, and I'm the crazy one. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P.  PS I tried to not use slug pellets this year but had to give in.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 23:01:47 »
Now don't you listen to that either,  says I can't spell. I can I just can't type.

You will quickly find out who the sane ones are.

Me, I am as nutty as a fruit cake,

XX Jeannine

Oh and by the way Cornykev, my car is not the same colour as my handbag,my bag is black, my car is red......now were did I put that lipstick.

I don't have 80-100 packets of seeds either  and that is the honest truth.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

iain

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 00:27:27 »
Hi  Gruesome, welcome make your self @ home.
It is addictive I have to say

Lindsay

• Acre
  • Near Avignon, France
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 08:15:40 »
Hello Gruesome, welcome and enjoy! And maybe you'll find time to garden afterwards!

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 10:16:18 »

I don't have 80-100 packets of seeds either  and that is the honest truth.

Yes Kev. Jeannine must have well over 200 packets of seeds.  ;D

Oh and I had to resort to pellets this year. Never had to in the days of growing in pots. Now it's out there fending for itself I feel some stuff needs a hand if I'm ever going to see any crops. This was brought on by going to mini g/h to find 6  pots of soil where my bean plants should have been. Boy, was I pi**ed off for the rest of the day.
So, vulnerable things now have pellets around them. Weep. Will try to find better solutions next growing season but I've done coffee grounds, eggshells etc trying to protect hostas and none of it works. ( Well, not for me)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:23:28 by emmy1978 »
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 17:52:33 »
Ems, I think Jeannine's got nearer 300 and it wasn't you I was talking about with the matching car and bag, she nows who I'm talking about, come on step forward, out the closet, own up no one will think any the worse of you.  ??? ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 19:36:44 »
Hi and welcome from me too.
Was only travelling through Probus on Sunday. We had a long weekend break touring around. Wanted to go and see where we use to live in Sticker and what it was like.
My husband's uncle use to own the garage in Probus and hubby worked there as a teen.

Robert my husband grew up in Foxhole, small World isn't it?  ;D

I'm on the waiting list for an allotment and they date back to the 15th Century, so the soil is fabulous. I cannot wait for the day to arrive when I'm an official *Lottie Dottie*  ;D

Lauren
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 20:56:05 »
small world indeed!  Dunno if you peeps have discussed this global warming issue in here? If not what are your views? I have found with much milder winters down here the seasons being mixed up what  i was taught and learnt from my granddad and father has had to be re-thought.  The turning over of soil in large lumps for the frost to attack in winter no longer applies down here in Cornwall we had only 2 days with frost last winter. Slugs and other beasties have it all their own way, and when it rains like last week i feel i should be planting rice in the paddifields. Hey cornykev my other name on Yahoo is L00neyt00ns so i should fit right along with the crazies. Thanks once again all.
Insanity takes it's toll....................please have the correct change.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 21:33:59 »
hi gruesom i love cornwall would love to live there 8) do not like useing slug pellets but feel they are needed this year as there is so many due i think to the very mild and wet winter and isn,t it normal to have at least 100 packets of seeds and yes i do own a handbag the same colour as my car but is is a white one. the make and model? i,v already said it,s a white one :-[
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 22:51:20 »
What's the history of the 500-year-old site? If it really is that old, it must be the oldest in the country.

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 01:47:25 »
The allotment site belongs to the estate of Powderham Castle built over 600 years ago, Powderham Castle is the historic home of the Earl of Devon.

Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 06:45:31 »
i'm even missing brekkie to visit the site. good morning all :)
Insanity takes it's toll....................please have the correct change.

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 10:35:08 »
Ems, I think Jeannine's got nearer 300 and it wasn't you I was talking about with the matching car and bag, she nows who I'm talking about, come on step forward, out the closet, own up no one will think any the worse of you.  ??? ;D ;D ;D

Kev, I would need a fair few cars mate!!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 10:56:05 »
And shoes........or is it maching  wellies. ::)

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 19:43:50 »
And shoes........or is it maching  wellies. ::)

Of course!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 00:17:04 »
 ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal