Author Topic: My Allotment Album  (Read 4533 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
My Allotment Album
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:16:03 »
Having failed DISMALLY in my endeavours to upload photos on A4A, I've updated my Photobucket album instead!

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Trixiebellemadmum/

Password: allotment

The pictures are back to front, so all the 'before' photos are at the end. Typical of my topsy-turvy life  ;D

There are over 100 photos so be prepared to fall asleep on the keyboard half way through!

Hope you like them.

Trixie XXX
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: My Allotment Album
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 13:17:08 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some great pics in there Trixie!

Like the mattress on the wall, and all the lovely ones of Alfie. The plot looks so interesting, lots of different areas etc. Well done you!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 15:27:14 »
Trixie. Enjoyed looking at all your pics. Lovely ones of Alfie and we have now been "cyber" introduced to the famous Ahmed!!

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 15:35:36 »
Cor, what lovely pics! great place you have  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 16:14:42 »
well, your shed's much more organised than ours and I love the hand made labels on ss's seeds  :)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 17:50:44 »
Great pics and very interesting. Have just come in from the garden after a hard days work so it was a real tonic to sit here and be entertained. Thankyou for sharing
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 18:11:19 »
Thanks for the feedback  :)

Whaddyathink of Ahmed then? He's a FINE figure of a man isn't he  ;D

Trix XXX

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 19:41:09 »
Lovely pics Trixie...Thanks for sharing.
I love looking in sheds (when invited of course). They seem to have a quaint atmosphere.

Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 20:20:15 »
Yup, definately in love with Ahmed and I want that boy Alfie too.He looks ripe for introducing to rude rhymes and filthy habits. ;D
Loved it all Trixie, but why was that bloke hanging upside down? Does he always go about like that? ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 23:51:00 »
That's an interesting looking site; where is it? The hedges look neater than they are on mine.

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 00:13:59 »
Wow, wow, wow, I want your allotment!!! It looks great! So much character, I love allotment sites that ooze character like that. I have a real thing for reclaimed, arty farty, recycled etc. (hence the womble nickname!) Show me a full skip and I'll be inside it within seconds pulling out half the contents!

Thanks for sharing those pics with us Trixiebelle.  ;D
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

lin

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 00:38:42 »
Hi Trixibelle, really got assortment of pics there, its so nice with digicams now that you can just click away and before long have a huge assortment of images. Loved the inside of the shed and some of the artefacts you have hanging around, really interesting!

I look back at pics me and my family took 20 years ago and it took so long, first the camera, then hoping they would all come out, then paying to find out, then having to wade through albums.

Now you just stick them on the'puter and have a slideshow! I take millions of photos for fun and work, and I already have a huge amount, but funnily enough my allotment and garden pics seem to be rapidly increasing in number.
Lin

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 16:24:17 »
I want that boy Alfie too.He looks ripe for introducing to rude rhymes and filthy habits. ;D
Loved it all Trixie, but why was that bloke hanging upside down? Does he always go about like that? ;D

Emmag! Alfie already knows a few rude rhymes and has inherited filthy habits from his lovely mother! The upside-down bloke is Mad Frank. He's left the allotments now - all the blood rushed to his head and he had to have a lie down. Another very good friend of mine  :)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 16:28:37 »
I have a real thing for reclaimed, arty farty, recycled etc. (hence the womble nickname!) Show me a full skip and I'll be inside it within seconds pulling out half the contents!

Womble! I'm the same with skips! In fact I recently bought a Ford pick-up truck to pander to my obsession. The old Saab convertible just couldn't fit enough in it with the roof down and it was a BEGGAR if it was raining  ;D When the allotment skip arrives I'm the 1st in taking out half the contents muttering "Why on EARTH would anyone want to throw THIS away"  ;D

That's where the rusty mattress came from!

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 16:32:55 »
so nice with digicams now that you can just click away and before long have a huge assortment of images.

I look back at pics me and my family took 20 years ago and it took so long, first the camera, then hoping they would all come out, then paying to find out, then having to wade through albums.

Lin! It's FANTASTIC with a digicam isn't it? I've still got 'manual' films in my drawer waiting to be taken to the 'manual' printing shop but I just can't be bothered.

It feels a bit like cheating with a digi though. All you do is press a button, upload it and then there are loads of other buttons that make it look better on-screen. What I'm waiting for is the button that makes things 'in focus' when the original is blurred! Could make a fortune with that invention I reckon.

Trix XXX

BarbaraGood

• Half Acre
  • 250 square metres of heaven
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 20:12:44 »
FABULOUS

what an inspiration! Lovely lovely photos!
thank you

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 20:39:13 »
I've added some more - will be adding every day from now on  :) Sharing the Photobucket site with a few other people XXXX

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 21:42:47 »
Busy girl. Nice pics of nice flowers. (What's the mattress for behind the Elderflower? Going spare?

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 14:43:07 »
TRIXIE!! Missed these-don't know how. Love the photos, do keep updating. Photobucket great idea isn't it? Lovely to see Alfie, Ahmed and Dario too!  8)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Belinda

• Half Acre
  • Still learning
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 15:00:29 »
Great pics Trixie! I think the 'pink butterfly' might be a Cinnabar moth  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal