Author Topic: It Raining here so what are you up to ????  (Read 11326 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: It Raining here so what are you up to ????
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 14:34:25 »
i think it sounds like fun, and outdoor, indoor bbq :-)

I will bet that you dont last more than an hour or 2 out there though!!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 14:36:25 »
No rain here but the wind has picked up a tad and its really cold out there.  The weather forecast is pretty awful for you folk in the South.  

OH is watching teh Monaco GP too and I can hear it in the background.  I am trying to chill out a bit for a change.  I have been busy most of the week on Christian Aid monies from 4 villages and also helping to organise a Coffee Morning with all the tasks that go with it.  I think my week ahead will be quieter except for more money to count from another village for Christian Aid.  I will get into our garden at some stage during the week, hopefully.

::) ::)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 14:59:46 »
We BBQ in the snow often XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 15:03:22 »
DOH!!

I am not that insane :-)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 15:10:53 »
Oh it is fun. We BBQ all year round, somethings you just can't cook on a conventional cooker, and we use it a couple  times a week in winter, much more in the summer of course.  It is not much fun in torrential rain  but needs must if I have had something marinating all night.  I think people here look upon it as a sharing thing with neighbours and friends rather than a regular means of cooking, usually it is just the two of us.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 15:52:22 »
Went shopping in the end, still raining, love a beer or better still a cider but on anti biotics untill tomorrow, going to collect my dinner shortly.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 15:59:37 »
Its the Southend Air Show - -its raining of course, but at the moment we are being deafened by some Red Arrow type of display with coloured smoke.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 16:05:24 »
Getting very wet Trimming Hedges in the rain!
 ::)

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 16:29:40 »
It's stopped raining here now. But what a mess the oak tree has left everyone...Leaves everywhere. As usual they will all end up in my drive as I'm at the bottom of a hill. I'll be bagging them up to use next year.

Been sat here catching up on the new threads. Hubby is watching Blackpool v Yeovil. Seriously cannot wait for the end of the season. I might get a chance to watch a garden program or two.

Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 17:26:49 »
Lauren my OH is a football fanatic and will watch anyone play so like you I have to wait until the football season is over but then it is tennis / golf or cricket

that another reason why i got the allotment as I would rather be outside in the garden that stuck in front of the TV

still raining it has been all day just hope it is better tomorrow  ???  ???  ???

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 19:25:59 »
I have just been out to the garden and its flooded since this morning i have over an inch of rain sitting on the grass  :'(

I have put holes in the soil but its not made any difference!!

Just hope the allotment sucks in all that water :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 19:32:18 »
The rain has slowed down a bit so I rushed over to stick some beetroot and sweetcorn in, just come back full of mud.  ??? ::) ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 19:40:12 »
Managed two visits to the plot today, this morning, and about two hours ago. Lots of beans either potted up (about 100), and 60 borlotti planted out. Also got a lot more canes up, and harvested a lot of the old jerusalem artichoke regrowth from last year to use as mulch around the beans. Cleared the greenhouse of everything except tomatoes and aubergines, and although the plot is infested with weeds, everything is beginning to look a tad more tidy. More tomorrow with hope ...

Derek :)
The impossible is just a journey away ...

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 20:12:04 »
Just got back from walking the dog, via the lottie of course! ;)

Friends parents were getting rid of a their rhubarb, so managed to snaffle a crown,  planted it in the rain along with a bramleys apple that OH saw for £2.49 in poundstretchers yesterday. Know it is the wrong time of year but worth a try!

Am keeping out of the way whilst he is putting the kids to bed. So far 2 are down with a sickness etc bug, yuck!
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 20:39:10 »
got up, went to the plot, covered up squash we planted out yesterday as it's going to be wet and windy later on
home to make 2 strawberry flans from our own fruit, for the family bbq later  ::) ::)
had a quick bacon 'n' eggs, picked up in laws..off to our daughters
bbq, poor mike outside under the gazebo while we were inside in the warm, glasses of wine ,non alcoholic as sam's pregnant
took in laws home, 20 miles each way, home for a cuppa, too full to move, but the strawberries took centre stage  :)
ready for a sleep now

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 21:04:12 »
Just had the neighbour come around to tell me that our gazebo had blown over and was bashing against the fence. I had to run out to dismantle it, not funny in these winds!!!! Then I had to carry the seat cushions up the steps into the conservatory. I am now very wet and very cold!

It is like a tropical storm out there. :o I hope the greenhouse on the lottie is OK as it is a bit rickety.

cj :)

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2007, 21:06:25 »
Hello

I am bailing the water out of my garden i have at least 5-6" water and another 1" or so and the water will be in my kitchen. My poor veg are swimming they will need armbands if this keeps up the wind has also really pick up with some strong gusts.

I have just pop in to check my mail back to bailing duty's hope the council come with some sandbags soon.

All the drains and guttering are over flowing at least the heavy rain has stopped more on the way

Cheers
Very Wet Brogusblue  >:(  >:(  >:(
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2007, 21:22:34 »
Got fed up with the football noise going on behind me. So went out and sowed 5 pots of carrots. When I came in at 7 dinner was ready for me. That was a welcome surprise as I was cold but not wet t/g.

Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2007, 21:28:55 »
are you ok, broguesblue, do you get this sort of problems lots or are you just unlucky today..hope your veggies survive and the rain stops soon for you  :( :)

Jenfur

• Quarter Acre
  • Eaton Bray, Beds
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 21:41:23 »
Well I couldn't resist a trip to the lottie today, even though it has been pouring all day and is still raining now. Wish I hadn't, here are the pictures of doom. Do you think they'll survive?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal