Author Topic: sunshine tomorrow.  (Read 1737 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
sunshine tomorrow.
« on: June 01, 2007, 18:49:34 »
 Hope you all have a really good day tomorrow. The weather is gonna be great here in Brum so hope to repair some of the frost damage done to our Bunjy's plants. A friend has been kind enough to give me some of her tomatoes and I already had some beans for the kids ( will have to get them in before they get up there). have sewn some more sweet corn for her and some more squash today. Will not be caught out next year eh!
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: sunshine tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 20:25:25 »
Do you need seeds,I have tons of squash XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 23:56:45 »
So the frost got you too. My spuds were well trimmed back, but I'd resisted planting out anything tender so I was OK.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 15:57:57 »
Bloody scorcher today 8), been to the lottie too bloody hot  :P going back later to water, I think I'll have a cider  :P while I'm waiting.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 18:23:51 »
Tell me about it. Too ruddy hot for diggin although my Tony did a run across the new plot. We managed to get our Bunjy's toms replaced and the kids runner beans. They couldn't believe how fast they had grown. Best not to disillusion them yet at their tender age. Had to get them in before they got there. Thinned the carrots and we are gonna have them for dinner tomorrow with some broad beans (again). The new plot has nice sandy soil so is ideal for carrots. Not a twisted one amongst them. Drenched the onion beds with Armillatox and we are going to plant some Romanesco Brocolli and some Mispoona greens and carrots in their place after 3 weeksThankyou Jeannine for offering me some squash seeds but I already have some. Perhaps one day I will need some from you so will remember your kind offer.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Tiercel

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 18:57:40 »
Hope you all have a really good day tomorrow. The weather is gonna be great here in Brum.

Wish it was going to be the same here.

Still high pressure coming in for next week.
If it works, don't knock it!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 09:28:24 »
Yes, but if we don't get fronts coming over regularly, it's not long before we're all moaning about the drought.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 14:52:40 »
Another scorcher  8) today, my mate Ginge came over and we got quite a few jobs done, got that hot though we stripped down to our thongs.  :o :P :P ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 19:32:01 »
Didn't you get soil between your toes, wellies are best XX
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal