Author Topic: Wanted- Cat Dentures.  (Read 1960 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Wanted- Cat Dentures.
« on: May 24, 2007, 22:32:18 »
On your prayer mats for Big Liz please (cat in box in avatar)She is an old boiler, about 13 we think. She was dumped at daughter 1's stable yard 2 years ago. We know who dumped her and why.Too fussy with food and too hairy. It took our girls approx 10mins to convince the Bearded Wonder she should come to us. The reason she was 'fussy' and 'hairy' was because her mouth was very sore inside so she couldn't eat or groom.
She had all but 4 teeth out and we have struggled on since, with vet visits becoming more frequent. Now the vet has decided the only thing to do is to have the last 4 teeth out and hope the problems subside. This was done today and they have kept her over night to give her pain relief. Black cat and dog are very subdued and so are we. Isn't it odd how they creep into your heart? Roll on tomorrow......... ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

tin can

• Half Acre
Re: Wanted- Cat Dentures.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 23:03:10 »
Poor ( but lucky) little thing!
Brings to mind that white cat Arthur who had his teeth removed specifically for the catfood advert in the 60's/70's.
He managed fine- I'm sure Big Liz will!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 23:06:24 »
Aaaw, bless her, I do hope she is ok and not hurting too much when you pick her up.  Do they make special food for cats with no teeth?  Or will she manage with tinned food?  Ours just loves his biscuits and would be devastated to not be able to eat them ... I shall tell him how lucky he is when he comes in.  Seriously though, I do hope she is ok, she is lucky to have you to look after her. :)

tin can

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 23:40:39 »
My daughter's bunny has to have his front teeth removed soon too- they have to be trimmed every 2 weeks at the moment!! Just doesn't seem right does it for either of them?!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 02:49:31 »
I do hope she's ok, maggie..at least she's got you.. ;D
prayers said  :)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 07:59:21 »
We adopted a cat who had been fed on spaghetti leftovers for the first 2 years of her life and then left home when they got an Alsatian guard dog.    She was filthy and ragged when we first caught her stealing our own cat's food but cleaned up beautifully and loved us to pieces.  Her teeth and gums were rotten and all but one incisor had to go.   She lived to be 20, ate very well, caught and killed mice and even brought home a rat once, and a mole.   

I'm sure yours will be fine and will love all the grooming too.
Obxx - Vendée France

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 12:10:20 »
Thanks all. and Obbelix that's heartening news. We have now collected her,and she has demolished half a tin of tuna already :o.She has found a carboard box to snooze in (left out by BW specially) and seems happy to be at home.She has such a sweet nature you can't help but love her. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 12:27:18 »
glad to hear she's back home safely, poor old thing!
I know a few people who've had cats with few or no teeth left by the time they were OAPs and all managed fine.

my mog has all her teeth bar two. she's on a biscuit only diet but as she hoovers them up without chewing having teeth doesn't make much difference ::)

hope her mouth heals up quickly and she has no more problems – am sure she'll feel tons better for being back at home :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal