Author Topic: Working is fun, but uses up too much time  (Read 701 times)

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
Working is fun, but uses up too much time
« on: May 25, 2007, 20:09:31 »
Well after going on maternity leave in 1989  :o   :-[
And then late last summer realising that I now had one son about to graduate in Law  :o  :D and one son about to begin college :o  :D
Where did that time go~ I only intended to be on maternity leave for seven months  ;) ;D

Both boys now having social lives that seemed more important than family lives  :'( ....and I had no one to bake cakes for  :'( ....and no one to bake bread for  :'(

So I went back to work  :o

A big deal after being at home for 16 years I can tell you, but Ive got to say, work is fun  ;D
Been at it for nine months now and been involved in a great new adventure which I am loving, but now its that time of year again that for the past 16 years has been my special time, planting and organizing, well i am ashamed to say, ive not managed to do as much as I usually in the garden.

I always have a mission each year, as in wanting a new gardening project, something new to achieve and new to grow, fortunately ive managed to stay with the programme and this years newbie is squash....watch and learn, watch and learn  ;)

Anyway the point of this post is hanging baskets, I am a 'hanging basket' freak  :-[

On average I will make up 16 if not more and they are the be all and end all of my summer.

Today I realise its 25th of May, by now they are usually planted up, out in the day,in at night, you know, all that hard work, and what have i done so far, nowt, my priorties now are work based  :'(

So ive had a day off today and ashamed at my lack of effort, ive managed to knock up seven baskets pronto.
Really pleased with them, they look good.

But now I am worrying.
All that watering, love care and attention, i put into them, they have for so many years been my be all and end all in the summer, and yes I do look at other baskets in the street and smile to myself sweetly  :-[

I can already imagine by late summer they will be a bedraggled mess  :'(

I imagine most people on here work all day but still manage to have a beautiful garden, so somehow, some way, that is my mission this year.

Wonder if i will be posting pics of my baskets in eight weeks time or not  ;D

Or do you think that my employer would be prepared to give me 12 weeks compassionate leave to 'tend my baskets?'  :D   :D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: Working is fun, but uses up too much time
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 21:55:47 »
Aw Honeybee. try those water retaining capsules and drippy feeder things. They might still be as gorgeous as they sound. Never done baskets myself but do like other peoples!
What is your new job? At least you are enjoying being back at work - as you say a new adventure for the next chapter of your life.  :)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 23:49:05 »
Get rid of the hanging baskets, Bloody stupid, horrible things, only fit for pubs and  houses that have an old mattress and a rusty cortina in the front garden.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 05:55:27 »
oh Ace, you know how to befriend a lady don't you ?  I can see what her indoors has to put up with now !

One of the reasons i've got so many hanging baskets is that i've run out of ground space !!!!!   :P

My hanging sack of petunias (with water crystals) was looking terribly bedraggled yesterday having been allowed to dry out and it had been doing SO well right up til then.

I gave it a good soaking when i got in from work and the lottie, so I hope it's recovered somewhat when I have a look at it this morning.

I'm drip feeding the OH with the idea that I might retire soon but he would still have to keep me in the style i would like to become accustomed to.

good luck with everything honeybee. 

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal