Produce > Recipes

Not grown on lottie...rich chocolate sauce

(1/3) > >>

Hot_Potato:
::) Dont know whether this is allowed....

but....:(Help......I know we don't grow any of the ingredients used in this recipe on the lottie.... but has anyone pleeeese got an easy rich chocolate sauce recipe...a friend has asked me for one....hunted thru my cook books and only found one....hasn't got cream in it :P....feel sure there is one that has..... :o....can't find one on net....would be sooo grateful.... :-*

suddenly thought someone on here is almost bound to have one.....thanks...H.P.

Hot_Potato:
;)well it's the very nicest thing to dip your strawberries in.....apart from just sugar!!.... :P

???been panicking about putting this on here :-[

Doris_Pinks:
HP, it doesn't matter that we can't grow chocolate! (believe me if we could we would ;D ) Hope this helps! I would use just good old dark Chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa solids rather than faff around trying to find the two different types over here!

Dark Chocolate Sauce

4 fl oz Double or whipping cream
2 fl oz Golden syrup
2 oz unsalted butter
8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons water

Combine first 3 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until butter melts. Add both chocolates and whisk until smooth. Mix in 3 tablespoons water. Remove from heat; cool slightly. sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and refrigerate sauce. Before serving, stir sauce over low heat just until warm.)

This would be lovely over Profiteroles!! And you can add a slug of brandy or rum in place of the water if you want ;)

Hot_Potato:
:) D.P. I am soooo grateful to you for this.....wow it sounds just scrumptious  :P...have just forwarded it on to my friend.....many, many thanks....oooh how I could eat some right now!! and I'd definitely want the brandy added!  H.P.

budgiebreeder:
Have I your word that it is low in Calories Dottie????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version