Author Topic: Onspeed Internet enhancer  (Read 1441 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Onspeed Internet enhancer
« on: May 21, 2007, 20:37:53 »
Recently decided to try this after seeing it being sold on QVC. Its supposed to speed up your internet browsing. Received it today and have installed it, but cannot get it to work.

Has anyone tried it? How did you get on with it? Does it do what it is supposed to?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 20:40:10 by Garden Cadet »

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
Re: Onspeed Internet enhancer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:36:30 »
Heard of a few people who have tried it - I work in the country and ADSL is limited/not available for some locals. Most didnt notice any difference and went for the money back guarantee.

As far as I can remember it doesnt work if you use aol's browser but does if you use IE with an AOL connection and doesnt work on file downloads and compressed multimedia (mp3s, movies etc).

If you have broadband it will only accelerate to 2mbps at best and dial up x5.

Seems to cost a ot of money for what it does (recompress existing byte streams in a more ergonomic way), when you say it doesnt work does it not install or does it have no affect?

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:21:22 »
Thanks for reply. When i posted the original message it had installed Ok but was not connecting to the Onspeed internet service/website and was not accepting the login information provided with the software. I had installed it on both my laptop (wireless) and desktop PC, with the same result: the software effectively was not working.  Now this mornign when i logged in on my Desktop PC, Onspeed connected up OK and began working - without my having to do anything! Using IE 7 the connection seems a bit quicker. However i use AOL mostly and like you say no difference there.

I do wonder if it is really worthwhile under those circumstances. Thing is the software came as part of a package of software, the other a cleanup programme which seems very good. Doubt if i'll be able to send one back without the other!

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:22 »
can I ask you what youre paying for it - i was under the impression that it was a monthly fee and quite a high one at that.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal