Author Topic: COCKROACHES?  (Read 2060 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
COCKROACHES?
« on: May 19, 2007, 18:45:27 »
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: COCKROACHES?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 19:19:45 »
yeuuuck, can't stand cockroaches, stamp on it and squish it !!  :-X

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 22:55:06 »
I can't stand them either. After we got married some moron who didn't approve of mixed marriages kept dropping female cockroaches with egg cases through the letterbox. It went on for months before they stopped.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 23:02:56 »
yeuuuck, can't stand cockroaches, stamp on it and squish it !!  :-X

Noooo that's too disgusting they'd crunch.

Robert that ignorant person obviously lived in some infested hole which is where they got their supply from - hopefully they drove them mad!   

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 23:11:35 »
Of all the bugs in this world, the cockroach has got to be the worst.  I used to live in Singapore and they were very common there, flying ones an all.  We had to keep the drains from the bathroom and kitchen covered up or the cockroaches would come up.  I once had a shower and the drain cover had moved and before i knew it, a dozen cockroaches were crawling up my legs.   I have never screamed so hard before or since.   Oh YUK, shivers again.   :o :o :o :o :o

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 08:35:03 »
Shhhhhhhhhh Trixie, don't tell em, with them in control of machines they could take over the world! :o :o :o :o
I hate them too, and when they fly, I am with Carol there.
When we lived overseas OH got one in his bike helkmet, not noticed till we were driving along, bike and me thrown to the side of the road, and him screaming like a girlie trying to get his helmet off! :o :o :o
The best thing for them is a heavy boot! ;) ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 08:40:12 »
 >:(

Nope. In my experience the Boot does not work! Many years ago I was in a dark storage room on a Naval Base in the UK and a cockroach appeared. Stamped on it hard with me "beetlecrusher" shoe...the b@gger got up and walked off!!

:-[

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 09:20:53 »
Once you get the hang of it, they're not hard to get rid of, at least in temperate climates. They congregate in the warmest places, usually in the kitchen. Once you've identified the spots - in our case it was the back of the fridge - use a long-lasting insecticide all round them. They soon vanish.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 19:52:39 »
we used to live next to a dirty bu**er, when I used to come downstairs, barefooted, at 8, they would be all over the stairs, they came through the open fire, along with mice..one day, I came downstairs and they were all over the wall !!!!! :o :o :o :o :-X

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 20:12:30 »
Try getting a long-lasting insecticide and spraying it up the chimney.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal