Author Topic: All ye of little space!  (Read 2939 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: All ye of little space!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 16:42:41 »
Marymary  are  your climbing beans (fagioli rampicanti)  by any chance Coronas, I didn't realise Seeds of Italy had them here and if they are they most defintely are butter beans.This is the only one I have  ever known  Seeds of Italy   sell  and  I have usually  had them sent direct but never bought them locally. If they are I am thrilled to hear that as usually they only ship regular  climbing beans( fagioli rampicaniti) over, which is why I said that all their climbers are French Beans. I am happy to be wrong on this point. If it is a Corona ,it is a great bean. Please let me know XXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 23:24:17 »
Hi Jeannine, the full name on the packet is Fagioli Rampicanti/Climbing Bean Corona (Spagna Bean).  Does that mean they are butter beans?  Not from Seeds of Italy but T&M's ripoff version Taste of Italy.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 23:47:31 »
Yes, that is the one, oh great it is a butter bean. I am confused about T&M though,I have only ever bought Franchi seeds of Italy
Fagioli Rampicanti is just Italian for climbing bean ,I think, it is the variety that follows that is important and I have bought Corona bean which are butter beans,I have just never seen them here.  I never thought to look at T&M when Well done you. You will like them. I have just got some smashing beans from Canada, they are huge white Greek Lima beans,tweice as big as all my other limas.I have only planted them today. Thank you for the answer, it is great to learn something new XXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 23:53:47 »
Good, cos I love butter beans.  Thanks for sorting me out.  :)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 22:24:07 »
I think my small space is even smaller, but including all the pots I have and the 3ft x 4ft GH, I have 28 varieties of fruit and veg.

Tricia

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 22:28:07 »
That is a really lovely garden Tricia, just shows what us back garden gardeners can achieve.  I love the bed with the hoops over - would be really useful for carrots as well as cloching things early in the season - might copy that!  :)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 22:43:11 »
The hoops are still there because I was too lazy to remove them after taking the plastic cover off the seedlings a couple of weeks ago.

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal