Author Topic: Oriental Lilly Question  (Read 1161 times)

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
Oriental Lilly Question
« on: June 11, 2007, 13:48:44 »
Hello

I purchased a lovely Oriental Lilly (Farolito) from b&q and now the flowers are slowly dieing off what do i do when it stops flowering do i let i die down or do i cut the stems off.   

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Oriental Lilly Question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 13:52:09 »
I just let the flowers die back and the leaves and re pot them up again for next years flowering.  I have had some lilies for a number of years.  Sometimes we put them into the garden after flowering in a pot.

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 13:59:14 »
Hello

Thanks "Carol" does this apply to most lillies in question as i have planted a few this year.

Also you said to repot them i have them in a large pot already is it alright to leave them in the same pot and let everthing die back and then next spring start watering again so they grow again.

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 14:06:33 »
Yes, we just leave them in the same pot and tip the soil out next spring and put more soil in with some organic material.  They are usually quite hardy lilies and even if we neglect a pot it seems to come again the following year. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal