Author Topic: A very happy chappy!!  (Read 2178 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
A very happy chappy!!
« on: May 28, 2004, 19:06:39 »
Ever since we grew lettuces in the kitchen with a bog-standard 'grow-light' tube, I've hankered after a better system.

Mad? Yes! But I just love to try things. So I got one. For a start, I'm just extending the day, to keep seedlings short jointed. This year seems to have been a pain for leggy seedlings.

It's still not the REAL thing - but then, I'm not doing it for money, am I?  = Tim

(Essentially 2 units, which can go end to end, giving a lesser light to 1m x 1/2m.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 06:43:47 by tim »

Wicker

• Hectare
Re:A very happy chappy!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 21:20:38 »
Good on you, Tim, hope you get the results you want and if not then its still great to try different ways of doing.  Hope I never stop wanting to try, read, listen to or talk about new things!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
Re:A very happy chappy!!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 11:44:12 »
Fancy set-up Tim.
This year for the first time I tried grow lamps. Just regular, pear shaped bulbs but with a blue-isch color, what they call 'day light' lamps. Put them in old reading lamps with a neck and put them over the seedlings. May not be the perfect system but I noticed a difference. They are only 60W but when seedlings bend towards the lamps instead of the window, it must be working.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal