Produce > Recipes

My Mum's cheese and leek pie

(1/3) > >>

micsmum:
Hi all
This is my mums REALLY easy cheese and leek pie which doesn't require a white sauce. Even him indoors likes it and he won't normally eat leeks:

Take enough shortcrust pastry to cover a pie plate (deep or shallow - it is up to you) You will need to make the lid quite big.

cover the pie plate with one pastry circle.

take a load of leeks, cut them into approx 1" to 2" lengths and boil untill just tender.

Grate an armful of Cheddar cheese (as much as you like) and chuck over the leeks so it looks like a mini Mount Everest.

Heave over the remaining pastry (thats why the lid was so large) and seal to the base with water.

Glaze pie with milk or egg and bake as for any other pie - about 25 mins on gas 5 if I remember.

It's a pie to die for.

Ma and I have never been great at weighing or gas temps!!!

Helen

busy_lizzie:
Thanks for the recipe Helen.  I am popping up to the lottie this afternoon, and I think I will dig some leeks up and give it a whirl.  It sounds delicious.   :P   :) busy_lizzie

budgiebreeder:
We all know what you mean Micsmum some of my best meals are made with whats in or a bit of this and that .Then people say how did you make that so and so eeerrrrr .The children used to call them my specials.

Beer_Belly:
I never stick to recipes either so I never end up making the same thing twice  ;)

Doris_Pinks:
When the kids ask whats for dinner? I say a Mummy special.......means, whatever I have on the lottie and in the fridge to throw together!! So I am with you BB!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version