Author Topic: squash  (Read 834 times)

sid

• Half Acre
squash
« on: May 10, 2007, 20:53:52 »
hi my wife got me sume seeds and all that was on the pack was sun burst a bright yellow thing so looked into it and i think it is a squash wat do you do with them and how to cook them

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: squash
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 21:46:31 »
Sow and grow... I'd start them in pots and put out at the start of June... give lots of space and ask about eating when you have fruit... from mid july onwards depending on what it is Sid!
 ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: squash
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 20:18:30 »
Sunburst is a pattypan summer squash, treat it exactly like a zucchini, it is a bush so it will not trail along the ground, The span will be about 4 feet across. They will not keep long,about the same time as a cucumber. Pick when small  best at about three inches and keep picking, you can eat them when bigger but they are nicest samll and the more you pick the more you will grow.

Start one seed to a pot in three inch pots and you will only need a few plants. Unless you are a very big zuchinni fan or have a large family four should be tons.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal