Produce > Recipes

Celeriac recipes please!

(1/1)

allotment_chick:
Hello all
Could any of you garden gourmets help me with recipes for celeriac please?  Not industrial sized quantities - it's only me that likes it!  
In anticipation...... AC

Muddy_Boots:
AC

You can treat celeriac like a root vegetable but it has to be put in acidulated (lemon juice) water after peeling to prevent discolouration.  You can serve it raw shredded and briefly blanched in boiling water then thoroughy dried and served with thick mayo, highly seasoned with salt, mustard and balsamic vinegar.

You can mash it together with potato, which gives the mash lovely flavour.  Alternative, potato cakes.

Most recipes seem to advocate parboiling it.  You can mix it with other veg, eg onions, carrots, beans, peas and fry them in extra virgin olive oil then finish in stock and seasoning (dill was recommended).

Hope this gives you some ideas.  Another has come to mind is the combination of chopped fried bacon and onions with the cooked celeriac.  Fried bacon. onions and peas (not fried) work well together too.

Kate

tim:
My favourite -
1/4 " slices, cut in half=overlap in gratin dish=add 1/2" or so (chicken) stock=cover & cook till just tender.
Sauce=soften 2 chopped sp.onions in oil=whisk in flour, then milk=add any cooking liquid=add grated gruyere, nutmeg, s&p=pour over celeriac=scatter parmesan & paprika and grill till golden.
Also great as a rémoulade with smoked salmon.
And with mixed roast root veg. = Tim

allotment_chick:
Many thanks both - they sound delicious!  I'm going to give them all a go  ;)
AC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version