Author Topic: Anyone growing 'Granpa Admire' lettuce...  (Read 1565 times)

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
Anyone growing 'Granpa Admire' lettuce...
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:10:14 »
from the Real Seed Catalogue? I've made 2 sowings, and on both occasions have had 0% germination. Other lettuces sown at the same time (Little Cos, Merveille de 4 Saisons and Pandero) germinated fine.   Other stuff from the Real Seed Catalogue has germinated fine too (the aubergines in particular).

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Anyone growing 'Granpa Admire' lettuce...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 19:29:03 »
I have had the same problem! ::)

I have made 2 sowings, and have one lettuce from the first, and two from the second sowing. The only reason I haven't complained is that I had similar problems with the 'lipstick' peppers I also purchased from them, which they replaced with a different variety without complaint and apologised; I feel bad going back and complaining again!!

Perhaps we should both email and have a word.........I'm glad it's not just me! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:54:01 »
I decided to email the company with a copy of this thread and await their comments, hope it isn't just us! :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

The Real Seed Catalogue

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 14:59:50 »
Hello!  If you have had problems with Grandpa Admire's Lettuce, please email me at

ben(at)realseeds(dot)co(dot)uk

and we will of course refund or replace immediately.  The whole point of getting seed from us is that this shouldn't happen with our seed!

It is a long journey from the garden to the packet . . . sometimes despite our efforts we get it wrong, but we'd always prefer to know so we can sort it out & fix it for next time.

Could you please let me know the batch number on the back of the packet if at all possible?

thanks!

Ben Gabel
The Real Seed Catalogue
01239 821107

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 17:01:46 »
MIne are fine - the early sowings are growing away well and the latest lot are thriving too!

Louise
Grow yer bugger grow!

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 21:07:48 »

Could you please let me know the batch number on the back of the packet if at all possible?

thanks!

Ben Gabel
The Real Seed Catalogue
01239 821107

I will email the details tomorrow. By the way, the Real Seed Catalogue aubergines (Diamond) are doing spectacularly well!

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 21:09:25 »
Annoying how every time I type Seed Catalogue it automatically links
to another company though  >:( ::).

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 23:25:09 »
My other seeds from them are all doing great guns too, the replacement seeds they sent for 'Lipstick' peppers are catching up well too despite their later sowing. The melons and squash are huge already! I'll email Ben the batch number tomorrow.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:30:44 »
My Lipstick are fine, also from Real Seeds; they're growing very slowly, but then my peppers always do.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal