Author Topic: Peas  (Read 862 times)

steveuk

• Half Acre
  • Good map point is on my patch
    • My Allotment Patch
Peas
« on: April 27, 2007, 21:00:41 »
Hi
going to have a go with peas first attempt. but i am going on holiday 12thmay, two weeks,
should i sow now in ground, or in pots and put in my green house, or wait till i come back
thanks as all ways for replay's
If i knew were to start i would LoL
http://mypatch-steve.blogspot.com/

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Peas
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 21:20:58 »
Its getting on a bit for early peas but still time if you are to sow them straight in the ground due to you going away. I wouldn't sow them in your greenhouse if you are away for 2 weeks unless somebody can water them for you.
I sow mine in guttering in the greenhouse so that they slide off straight into the ground when 2inches high, but I water them twice weekly whilst under glass.

I think the best option would be to sow early peas direct into the ground with a small net-type poly tunnel to stop birds getting at them before they germinate. When you return, grow main crop peas in guttering in the greenhouse, with a successional sowing two weeks after that. you will then have a 3 sowings to spread your harvest.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 09:37:12 »
Mine are in pots; I'll be putting them out to grow up wigwams shortly. I'm growing small quantities of two tall maincrop varieties, as much for seed as anything this year. Sweet peas are getting the same treatment. If I was planting full rows of peas, I'd put them straight in the ground, pre-chitted, and under fleece or cloches if the weather was cold.

steveuk

• Half Acre
  • Good map point is on my patch
    • My Allotment Patch
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 19:49:11 »
Thanks guys
If i knew were to start i would LoL
http://mypatch-steve.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal