Author Topic: Stupid cat sentanced to death  (Read 1906 times)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
Stupid cat sentanced to death
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:05:51 »
Last night when I did my final check of all the seedlings and studied the weather, decided to leave most trays of pots out overnight but to still bring in the aubergines and melons. Just as I was negotiating the chicane and step to the kitchen, my stupid puss decided to give me a race and tripped me up.

I now have the saddest aubergines and melons, and a cat that refuses to come near enough to let me take the free kick so it will be gallows at dawn. >:(

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: Stupid cat sentanced to death
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 15:22:25 »
I can sympathise whole heartedly. 

Yesterday when OH went up to the lotty he found our hens had got out of their pen. They've pulled up the onions,beetroot and decimated the cauliflowers that were sat waiting to be planted out.  :'( That is all he has told me about . I haven't been able to go and look yet.  :(

Chicken soup anyone??!!

As for cats. Mine regularly jumps into my seed trays...luckily he hasn't "used" them but he knocks them down so I don't win either way.  >:(

He'd  make a lovely pair of slippers.

The guilty one behind bars.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 15:52:35 »
I sympathise with you both - my two are always tripping me up - they often "HELP" with the gardening chores, but at the moment are both sleeping angelically in the straw mulch around the courgette plants!  :o
Kathi :-)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 15:56:03 »
Know how you feel....

One of our big boy ginger toms  Max came miaowing into the greenhouse this afternoon, all chummy, jumped onto my lap and then went a bit too far and ended up on top of a tray of sweetcorn....arrrrrgh! >:(

Looked at me as if to say "Wot?- why you shout?"...

I've just spent most of this afternoon digging over a big patch of lawn where we need to repair it after having had a bonfire last year, just got in nicely raked over ready to reseed when our smallest cat ran right into the middle of it and started to dig.........Oi!!!!
"Wot? We though you were making us a nice big toilet area.......No?"

Off to the lottie to bring back some wire mesh to put over it now..... ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 18:33:02 »
I have no sympathy-did you read the rules? A cat reads through his or hers bum-that`s why they sit on any page/keyboard you are using

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 22:17:42 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D How true. Why do they do that? Always when I'm trying to do the crossword. Mine just sleep on the seedlings. Just a waste of time planting them really ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

knbsallotment

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 21:06:14 »
Aren't cats "special"? lol. My cats both have a taste for anything leafy, last night my grumpy female was busy chomping on the spinach I brought home for my hamsters and gerbils! I tried growing some spring onion and chive seedlings on my windowsill, an decided to grow some cat grass, so the cat would leave the others alone - instead of that, she ignored the cat grass, and ate all of the onions and chives! My kitten tends to eat any vegetable, if he thinks I'm planning to feed the hamsters and gerbils with it - even if it makes him lay his ears back and srew his eyes and nose up! To cap it all off I have a stray cat on the lottie, who insists on pooing on my carrots, and rolling on my potatoes! GRRRR!!!!
Looking from the outside in...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal