Author Topic: On A Mission  (Read 3459 times)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: On A Mission
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 22:09:25 »
Hey mick, just wanted to say well done - it's good to read about your hard work paying off!  Won't it be nice when all the newbies start working on their plots!  ;D

I'd be willing to bet you'll be running for councillor next time there's elections...  ;D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 22:51:15 »
Well done *cheers*. ;D
On our site we have 3 unused allotments (6 halves!), I have only had an allotment for a month and a half, and didnt notice at first, but everyone is really up in arms about the unused plots. Apparently paid for each year by the owner of the house 'over the hedge' they do not want the noise from people at the allotment over the hedge! It is a very contentious issue at our site. The problem is that the people who pay the rent do a lot in the community, so nobody says anything. I think the weeds on the plots were also a problem, but they now have a gardener that 'cuts the grass'. One person I spoke to said that the owner was getting on in years, so hopefully wouldn't be around much longer!!! :o
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 23:12:07 »
SueSteve  is that a council owned site? It drives me mad when people don't use land and what you have there is a bloody joke when people are crying out for plots, if I we're you I'd ring the council and tell them whats going on I'd also take photo's of the unused land every week or so so that you have evidance to prove your point.

Because I have given a few people the A4A URL  I can't go into some of the details I would like to about some of the things that may help in such matters but if you PM me I may be able to help more.

I'd be willing to bet you'll be running for councillor next time there's elections...

Thats a dream I once held but I don't think anyone would vote for a gobby Southerner with a Yorkshire accent.

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 05:20:44 »
Hi Mick, Thanks, Its a parish owned allotment.
Just off to work now (already late) but will pm you later.
Cheers,
Sue
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 18:42:38 »
Power to the people Mick 8) and give yourself a bloody good pat on the back. ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 19:25:38 »
Well the council came today but it wasn't the success I'd hoped for, they agreed to force Barton to give the land he had taken plus give us one more plot but because two council departments can't agree on details we can't have the field.

Its a bit of a shame really, yes two more people will now have allotments but its not the nineteen I'd hoped for.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 19:28:18 »
It's still an improvement on the current situation MickW - you should be really pleased with yourself!  A large beer is in order for you me thinks  ;)

Also, try and get a local reporter onto the case re the council depts who can't make a decision - I reckon naming & shaming them might get you a few steps forward - good luck
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 21:36:07 »
threaten to withhold your council tax until they can make a decision.  after all, that's what you pay them for !

Onwards, and upwards !!!

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal