Author Topic: Update at least, and sludge question  (Read 942 times)

timelady

• Half Acre
    • Artwork of Tina Mammoser
Update at least, and sludge question
« on: April 22, 2007, 20:06:41 »
Well, I've *finally* updated my blog page with piccies from recent weeks and today. I got some calabrese and beetroot planted today so am happy. So far I've got garlic, onions, leeks, early (salad) potatoes, spinach, carrots (nante), broadbeans, french beans, lettuce, calabrese and beetroot in the ground! Not bad for a total newbie with 6 months and couch grass, clay, bramble and apparently bindweed (just discovered this weekend, oh joy). ;D Who knows what will actually grow though.  ::)

Newbie question of the day: my water butt is nearly empty and the bottom is a few year's worth of sludge. (dirt, bugs, bramble was even growing in it as a water plant when I first found it) Now, might this be nutritious and yummy for plants? Or like feeding them castor oil? Heh. Just wondering if I might as well use the sludge or not. Plus the other water butt with the tap is waaaaay at the top of the plot.  ;)

Tina.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
Re: Update at least, and sludge question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 21:58:14 »
I think I might be inclined to put the sludge on the compost heap & pray for rain.  Might be a bit much for lttle plants.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Update at least, and sludge question
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 23:29:14 »
I agree with Mary. Or you could put the sludge in the bottom of a new compost bin to give it a good start.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal