Author Topic: Disaster - lost my lottie  (Read 2771 times)

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Re: Disaster - lost my lottie
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 20:13:26 »
Sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you.

Having an alcoholic parent is not an easy thing, My mother is one and I felt that I had to cut her out of my life too, for the sake of my children and my sanity.

Hope you manage to find a plot very soon, it doesn't mean that you have to give up this site too.........
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 21:50:34 »
I can really sympathise with you Emmy.  Fingers crossed for the future.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 22:53:32 »
Sorry for your loss, know how you feel. I had withdrawl symptoms from my dads lottie when I left home and worked away for the following 15 years before being in a more stable position to get my own 3-4 years ago.

If push comes to shove: is there anybody on your site whom you could share with again till you are able to get your own?
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 23:37:23 »

If push comes to shove: is there anybody on your site whom you could share with again till you are able to get your own?
The lovely Sarah from this site has a plot on my site and I have offered my services to her!  :)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 23:57:52 »
Well done Emmy, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 07:54:05 »
awww so sorry about your sad news.

I think you are doing right though. You aren't a kid anymore and don't have to put up with it. Protect yourself and your family as no 1 priority and get down asda for those darn black buckets - remember i got 150!!!!  Make sure you steal some soil from the plot to mix with compost for the buckets though - they take an awful lot of filling!

Good luck and dont disappear on us will you?

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 11:59:24 »
Emmy

I am sorry to hear of your situation and it must be very hard for you having an alcoholic father.  It is an illness though and I think too little is done in this country to help those that are dependent on alcohol.  It often runs in the family as it is genetic and I have had family members that have been fighting against alcoholism. 

On the bright side, you could keep any plants you wanted in my garden near Salisbury Plain.  I have 1½ acres so you could dig in any fruit trees and bushes.  I wouldn't be able to be responsible for watering them though as I an disabled and it would mean carrying buckets of water to that part of the garden.  We have just planted some cherry trees and they just have to fend for themselves.  Rain is due soon so maybe that is the time to put them in.  We are situated about an hour or so from Bournemouth.  If you are interested I will pm you with my phone number.

I hope things work out for you and that I can be of help.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 13:44:10 »
Big hug Emmy :-*

I'm sure you're doing the right thing, making the break with your Dad. Really hope you can take up on the offers here and you've certainly got all of our support. Good luck with the Committee and/or your Council in giving you priority for another plot.

love Lishka

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 17:06:26 »
Again, thanks to all. I'm a bit overwhelmed actually, thought I'd tell you all just because, well, it'd be a bit daft carrying on as if i still had it, so I'm glad I did as the support has been amazing and has really helped me to stay positive.
For my dad the alcohol only exacerbates the problem. Like Manics, he knows what he's doing, even though he drinks less now than he has in years, it's as if all those bad years have warped his brain.
We all have stuff going on in our lives that we don't always bring here, it's an escape isn't it to indulge your passion, but when you need that support, it's there in floods.

Love you all, my fantastic gardening family.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 17:31:41 »
just caught up with thread. i second all thats been said. my thoughts are with you
good luck with that commitee
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal