Author Topic: So what am I doing wrong?  (Read 4733 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: So what am I doing wrong?
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 22:42:46 »
Mine now in 3 inch pots having been sown in seed trays. Quite long roots! Was really surprised as they've only got diddy little 2nd leaves, so hoping the extra space will help them. I've got so many, I was obviously a tad over enthusiastic with the sowing. Got plant stall at school fair coming up so they'll go there!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 07:21:34 »
That's what I can't understand about mine - can't see the point in giving them room if they haven't yet shown through the Jiffys??

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 09:19:06 »
My California wonder and cayenne peppers are doing really well. BUT the rest are really slow! Well, stagnant is a better way of putting it. One , a hot purple pepper, pushed through just, showing the arch of the stem. That was a month ago. I gave it a tug yesterday, out of frustration . The leaves, if ever they were there, had probably rotted away. Just a stump with a bit of brown on the end.

I tried leaving one in the propagator and one out, incase it was getting too hot in there, but it didnt make any difference.

Its good to know that its not me.

I think I will try overwintering one or two this year, to see if I will get earlier peppers, incase next year is slow too.

cj :)

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 11:24:50 »
Mine were the same as yours Tim, but have just  started moving again.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 16:00:06 »
First true leaves only just showing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal