Author Topic: Pea Half Pint  (Read 1399 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Pea Half Pint
« on: April 28, 2007, 20:23:39 »
I've bought some of these seeds from Plants of Distinction as they apparently only grow between 12 and 18 inches tall so they should be ideal for pots.  They are a heritage variety.  The growing instructions are somewhat basic and despite Googling I can find out nothing about them.  Does anyone have any experience of growing this variety please and if so do you have any handy hints and tips?

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Pea Half Pint
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 21:12:45 »
Not grown it but it was the parent of most modern leafless varieties... treat like any other pea... keep it moist... obviously no need to provide supports, actually looks good trailing over the edge of a basket I've been told!
 ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Pea Half Pint
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 16:52:44 »
Thanks Saddad, I've sown them today.  I've got plenty left so I might just try them in a hanging basket too.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal