Author Topic: Rotovator  (Read 2419 times)

steveuk

• Half Acre
  • Good map point is on my patch
    • My Allotment Patch
Rotovator
« on: April 02, 2007, 19:42:35 »
Hi
Just wondered if anyone uses the mantis rotovator, i have a half plot,

any advice or other recommendations be greatfull
thanks
Steve
If i knew were to start i would LoL
http://mypatch-steve.blogspot.com/

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Re: Rotovator
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 21:46:48 »
I have a mantis - in wet soil and crawlie weeds it was useless. I am going to try it out at the weekend again now the soil has dried out and I'm hoping for much better results. I'll let you know how i get on.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 07:11:51 »
There has been much comment on this earkier. I know that some has been favourable, but I still regard the Mantis as a tiller rather than a rotovator.

Rotavator

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 00:22:26 »
Well I bought  the Mantis which I used for last season .It is usefull for light work like preparing seed rows and hoeing inbetween rows,it is usefull also for digging in manure although you have to go over it a few times.I quite liked it really for its lightness and ideal to use in conjunction with my larger honda powered rotavator.It did not last long however after what I would call light use this year the engine suddenly seized and appears to be solid.
Correct petroil mix was used and as I say this machine was only used for light work.Despite many emails to the co asking for help or advice about one of their machines and a question that having noticed that Mantis are advertising the option of a Honda engine is there a common fault I ought to know about,needless to say I have received nothing in reply.SO--MANTIS I cannot recommend any one to get one,based on my experience over many years  a HONDA or like my old faithfull Merry Tiller a HONDA powered is the way to go for trouble free successful gardening you also get first time every time starting.

Gillysdad

• Half Acre
  • Gateshead.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 14:08:37 »
I find it very theraputic digging over my allotment with a fork /spade......and then trying to stand up straight  ;D ;D

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 17:31:06 »
I had the guy run over my plot with the tractor today and then used the Mantis - it was much easier but he has offered me the option of using his heavy duty old rotovator if i need it.

As mantis are giving you 1 year to try it and get your money back, i think i might do that after this season and buy something more heavy duty.

Rotavator

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 23:04:08 »
can't do anything with this b---- Mantis appears to be seized solid
my mate is to strip it down and see whats up,this firm definitely don't
want to know about anything going wrong with their machines ---

"HONDA "forever

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 08:39:04 »
surely you will be covered by the money back guarantee????? 

Don't blame you for being peeved, although I my land is like concrete  - think it will be autumn until i can rotovate again - so much for weeding paths!

Rotavator

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 23:34:59 »
by the money back guarantee?? 

it had run out the tines are guaranteed for years but if this stoopid
mc packs up you can't use that

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 09:14:52 »
Mantis are offering a 12 month money back no quibble guarantee.... if it doesnt live up to expectation you can send it back and get a refund.

Compliments like these make it very easy to keep our
Mantis Promise:

Try any product that you buy directly from Mantis with NO RISK! If you're not completely satisfied, send it back to us within 1 year for a complete, no-hassle refund. All you have to pay is the return postage.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 09:46:29 »
Rotovator

I was given a Mantis and although it started the clutch would not engage to turn the tines.  I phoned this number  08454 58 58 68.  I had the option of speaking to an Engineer and when that didn't sort out the problem, I sent the shole machine back to them (they arrange the courier) paid £49.99 for a service/diagnostic + any additional parts.  In the end it cost £52.00 and I had a fully working tiller inside 7 days.

I agree with Tim, it is more useful for fluffing up and mixing in compost and manure than breaking the soil.

Give them a call.............

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal