Produce > Recipes

Home Canning/ "jarring"

<< < (2/3) > >>

tim:
Ten - (bottling!) - your best guide is probably HMSO's Home Preservation of Fruit & Veg?? We always use a pressure cooker - dead  easy! But you need one with adjustable pressure settings.

There's lots about it on the net under home preservation - University of Ohio or something!! = Tim

Tenuse:
Ooh fab thanks for the links, EJ I would be very interested in any books/instructions that your mum has and I will definitely look for le parfait jars on the internet, also will look out the HMSO publication!

Keep the information coming, especially suppliers of the saucepan things ( I think the jars will not be too hard to find)

Ten x

tim:
No need to buy saucepanny type things, unless you want to do more than 3-4 jars at a time. You have a preserving pan, or a fish kettle? -  (we don't!). Or just a large saucepan that wiil hold 3 x 2lb jars, or 5 x 1lb ones? And be deep enough to cover them with water? = Tim

Tenuse:
Yes I have a big "stock pot", I need to find some way of raising the jars up off the bottom so that hot water can circulate under them but I will figure out something.

I have ordered the HMSO book I am looking forward to reading it!

Ten x

tim:
- use a plastic sink drainer, cut to size??

Or a pad of newspaper or cloth.  = Tiim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version